BBO Discussion Forums: Abuse of "partner must pay both of our entry fees" - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Abuse of "partner must pay both of our entry fees"

#1 User is offline   Siegmund 

• Alchemist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Creator of the 'grbbridge' LaTeX typesetting package.

Posted 2014-November-28, 21:25

I notice the same names over and over again at the Partnership Desk for the hourly ACBL games. No surprise there. The days I am bored and broke I have been known to put my name on the list every hour in hopes of scoring the occasional free game.

Today I got curious how good the people asking their partners to pay their entry fees were, and looked up their recent activity in myhands.

Imagine my surprise to see that one of these folks had played 10 ACBL games in the past two days. ONE game played to completion, and NINE games withdrawn after between 1 and 3 boards. Yes, I know some people will abandon a tournament if they start with a few bad boards... but this seems like a pretty serious abuse of others' generosity, to dump the people who "hire" you after a single board.

Perhaps you could display Tourney Completion Rate statistic for people on the partnership desk? Only allow people with a certain completion rate to use the partnership desk?

#2 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2014-November-29, 09:55

I agree tournament completion rates should be shown when inviting, but I think it should be shown whenever your inviting not just where your paying both fees. You get to see it when people invite you, I don't see why it cant be done when you invite..

this discussion should be in suggestion for software.

Sarcasm is a state of mind

#3 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2014-November-29, 10:01

Also, are your sure they weren't subs? they would often show up as playing just 1-3 boards. Check the board numbers played if first board not bd 1 they are for sure a sub.
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#4 User is offline   Siegmund 

• Alchemist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Creator of the 'grbbridge' LaTeX typesetting package.

Posted 2014-November-29, 18:03

Check the board numbers played if first board not bd 1 they are for sure a sub.

That is a good point. A few of them were subs -- a single board at board 7 or 10, not continuing to 12 -- but about half started at board 1 then withdrew.

Yes, displaying completion rate belongs in software suggestions. I wanted to post here in case someone official cared to comment on what they wanted us to do when we see this type of abuse going on.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-December-01, 01:06

View PostSiegmund, on 2014-November-29, 18:03, said:

Yes, displaying completion rate belongs in software suggestions. I wanted to post here in case someone official cared to comment on what they wanted us to do when we see this type of abuse going on.

If you see what you think is abuse, send email to abuse@bridgebase.com

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users