BBO Discussion Forums: How do I share a FD card with another user via BBO - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How do I share a FD card with another user via BBO

#1 User is offline   Cthulhu D 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Overbidding

Posted 2014-November-24, 15:46

I've been using Kungsteen's excellent BML to convert Jinksy's in depth system notes on LOCA to a FD card. I've got a first draft, but how do I share the FD card after I have uploaded it to BBO?

The only way I know is to be Partners at the same table and set your CC, can I do it without both players being online?

#2 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2014-November-24, 16:59

http://bridge.downagain.be/FD/

you can upload your file here publically

I think u have to get your userid validated by contacting bbo user downagain

Sarcasm is a state of mind

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-November-24, 17:14

View PostCthulhu D, on 2014-November-24, 15:46, said:

I've been using Kungsteen's excellent BML to convert Jinksy's in depth system notes on LOCA to a FD card. I've got a first draft, but how do I share the FD card after I have uploaded it to BBO?

The only way I know is to be Partners at the same table and set your CC, can I do it without both players being online?

Log on the old version of BBO. Open the FD file and click Use. This will save it in your profile. After that, you can log on web, click My BBO > Convention Cards. Find the CC and click Edit. Type the username of the person you want to share it with in the Partner field. Then apply. This will save the CC in that user's profile too. You don't have to be both online for this.

#4 User is offline   Cthulhu D 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Overbidding

Posted 2014-November-24, 17:24

Ah, beautiful, I didn't know you could set the CC except at the table. Thanks.

View Poststeve2005, on 2014-November-24, 16:59, said:

http://bridge.downagain.be/FD/

you can upload your file here publically

I think u have to get your userid validated by contacting bbo user downagain

It's Jinksy's system, I'm just helping with some documentation, so he gets to release it imho if he wants to.

#5 User is offline   TimG 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-May-15, 07:33

View Postdiana_eva, on 2014-November-24, 17:14, said:

Log on the old version of BBO. Open the FD file and click Use. This will save it in your profile. After that, you can log on web, click My BBO > Convention Cards. Find the CC and click Edit. Type the username of the person you want to share it with in the Partner field. Then apply. This will save the CC in that user's profile too. You don't have to be both online for this.

Does this work for non-FD CCs too?

I created an ACBL CC last night. I added my partner's name to it. I saved it. My partner reports not finding it today. I suspect operator error (mine), but want to confirm that this should work.

#6 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-May-15, 07:45

View PostTimG, on 2017-May-15, 07:33, said:

Does this work for non-FD CCs too?

I created an ACBL CC last night. I added my partner's name to it. I saved it. My partner reports not finding it today. I suspect operator error (mine), but want to confirm that this should work.

It works for any CCs, but for non-FD CCs you can create and edit them straight on web, no need to go to the old version.

You can check whether the CC was saved by clicking My BBO > Convention Cards. Look in the list of My CCs. It should be listed there, with your partner's username if you saved it correctly: https://snag.gy/wcp8tA.jpg

If you see the CC there and your partner still claims not seeing it, he probably doesn't know how to view it. If it's in your account with his username next to it, he has it too.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users