Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7/6 brings in tricks some issues

#1 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-November-23, 12:37

Hmmm. This is not a quiz, I will show you the hands below, but I'll let you think about your choice here.
IMPs. This is pick-up, You are pretty sure that you are playing 2/1, that's about it.

I took a shot at 6D. Yes I could lose a trump trick to the Jack, and the clubs probably have a loser, but carpe diem or whatever. You don't get a 7/6 shape every day.

I am open for suggestions. Playing with my clone, I think it begins 1S-2D-2S-3C. If my clone now bids 3NT I bid 4D. Maybe my clone bids 3D over my 3C. Anyway, we srill have to get to 7.

A Kib remarked afterward that he was still trying to see how to get there. I mentioned that few systems are prepared to handle the 7/6 hands. But maybe we should have done it.

Believe it or not, 6D was a positive imp score.
Ken

#2 User is offline   whereagles 

• Interests:Everything!

Posted 2014-November-23, 12:56

1 2
3 6

and maybe opener can figure out his club king is the missing card. If he realizes that, you're all set. Another option is to bid:

1 2
3 7

on grounds of "if opener has the club king, it's cold. Otherwise hey it might be onside :)" Note that the jump to 3 increases the likelyhood of opener having that key card.

I won't give scientific advice here because I don't think the hand can be bid in that fashion.

#3 User is offline   kenberg 

Posted 2014-November-23, 15:30

Completely agree about the non-science. I am generally happy with non-science.

I am interested if 3S is the consensus here. Given 2/1, it seems that can wit. if I have a spade fit then we will get to it. When I don't, we don't want to be in spades. Playing 2/1, I generally think of a stiff deuce as adequate trump support after the 3S bid.
Ken

#4 User is offline   Jinksy 

• Experimental biddicist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-November-23, 18:40

3 seems horrible to me, esp with such a good secondary holding in P's suit.

After 1 2 / 2 3 / 3, it depends on what our agreements are for setting suit and cueing, but I basically just want to give P the chance to cue s or bypass a cue and see if P contines. If not, we're playing in 6, if so, we're playing in 7.
The "4 is a transfer to 4" award goes to Jinksy - PhilKing

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users