• You cannot reply to this topic

Major Pain

#1 User is offline   uva72uva72 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-November-18, 15:31

My link

IMPs, ACBL robot individual

So I knew that the robot likes to bid 3 card suits, and particularly to introduce them for the first time at high levels. To that knowledge I can now add the fact that the robot will bid 3-card suits under no duress, and that, holding 3 cards in both majors, it will bid the weaker of the two.

My human partners and I have agreed that a 1 response to a take-out double categorically denies a 4-card major. So, in this sequence, my partner would have been free to bid 2 at his/her second turn to show a stopper there, and we would have reached 3NT.

My question is, shouldn't the system notes be modified to indicate where the robot will bid 3-card majors once they have been documented? There's an enormous difference between the promised 4+ and the delivered 9xx.

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-November-18, 19:50

View Postuva72uva72, on 2014-November-18, 15:31, said:

My question is, shouldn't the system notes be modified to indicate where the robot will bid 3-card majors once they have been documented?
I think it would be much better to instruct GIB to not make this bid rather than document the fact that he does it.

#3 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-November-18, 20:42

I agree BB, the 2H bid is nuts and should be eliminated. I would have bid 1NT, the call I had planned over 1S, over 1D as well.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users