BBO Discussion Forums: Strange MP calculation. How can it be? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Strange MP calculation. How can it be?

#1 User is offline   debkings 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-November-16, 11:45

I just played a FREE Express tournament game. For board #5 i see strange results. Bidding 4S and making just that much it shows 790 points whereas bidding 4 and making 4+1 shows 650 points.

What is the explanation for this ?

#2 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-November-16, 11:55

If you don't tell us the event or give us a link, we can't know which board 5 your are talking about and can't look at it for an explanation. However 790 is the score for 4Sx= and 650 the score for 4S+1 so I imagine you've omitted to tell us about the double.
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-November-16, 11:58

This is Board 5 and yes, the 790 is for 4S doubled making. The double makes it count more than 4S+1 not doubled

http://bridgebase.co...ername=debkings

#4 User is offline   debkings 

• Pip

Posted 2014-November-16, 11:59

I have the screenshot as well. But couldn't post it as i don't know how to do it here. Explanation is needed. Don't you think?

#5 User is offline   debkings 

• Pip

Posted 2014-November-16, 12:02

View Postdiana_eva, on 2014-November-16, 11:58, said:

This is Board 5 and yes, the 790 is for 4S doubled making. The double makes it count more than 4S+1 not doubled

http://bridgebase.co...ername=debkings

Well got it. I don't how i really missed that double sign. Sorry i got it completely now.
But i don't get answers that why i still have 67% TCR after completing so many tournament this month. I just see today it is 68%.

#6 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-November-16, 12:02

View Postdebkings, on 2014-November-16, 11:59, said:

I have the screenshot as well. But couldn't post it as i don't know how to do it here. Explanation is needed. Don't you think?

4X means 4 spade played doubled

790 means it is made doubled.

X next to contract means doubled and XX would be redoubled
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#7 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-November-16, 12:06

View Postdebkings, on 2014-November-16, 12:02, said:

Well got it. I don't how i really missed that double sign. Sorry i got it completely now.
But i don't get answers that why i still have 67% TCR after completing so many tournament this month. I just see today it is 68%.

Tourney completion % has nothing to do with how many % of a particular event you finish, nor the sum of them. It just shows every event that you failed to complete as failure to complete, regardless of you quit in the last board or the first one. If you believe that you did not quit as much as it says you did, perhaps someone else in the family or close friend playing with your account? People may use your account for different purposes. Change your pw if this is what you think might be happening.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users