BBO Discussion Forums: How to verify the Tournament Percentage calcluation ? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to verify the Tournament Percentage calcluation ?

#1 User is offline   debkings 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-November-16, 04:57

I have a Tournament completion rate of 67% which is why i am not able to play the TCR80 or 90 or even some other tournament. How do i know how to calculate it and where can i see that it is really the correct one. Well i guess it is system generated and i guess there is very little chance that it is wrong. But i can't see it even going down or up after playing so many tournaments this month.
Everyday i play almost 3-4 or even more tournaments. So is there a way where i can verify that the percentage rate is what it should be. Or how much do i need to play to make it atleast 80% ?

#2 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2014-November-16, 08:33

If your playing in at least 3-4 tournaments a day with a 67% completion rate that means your not completing at least 1-2 tournaments a day.

There is no way to check the TCR other than keeping track of everything you play and complete.

One suggestion to get your TCR up is to substitute in tournaments. If you complete (maybe even if you play and player returns) it counts and if you get disconnected it doesn't count against you.

Sarcasm is a state of mind

#3 User is offline   debkings 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-November-16, 11:48

What do you mean by you are not completing 1-2 tournaments. I have completed each and every tournament which i have played , even as the substitutes. ONly time where i have quit must be hardly 1 out 20 times. Are you just judging me or telling me fact ? Show me proof. Don't just come out of sky and tell your dream.

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-November-16, 11:56

View Postdebkings, on 2014-November-16, 11:48, said:

What do you mean by you are not completing 1-2 tournaments. I have completed each and every tournament which i have played , even as the substitutes. ONly time where i have quit must be hardly 1 out 20 times. Are you just judging me or telling me fact ? Show me proof. Don't just come out of sky and tell your dream.

You can check how many completed / bailed-out tournaments you have here:
http://bridgebase.co...hands/index.php

#5 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-November-16, 15:02

Using the link Diana provided, you can count the tournaments you have completed and the tournaments from which you have withdrawn over the past 60 days, although you can only count one month at a time. Your Tournament Completion Rate is:

(Completed) / (Completed + Withdrawals)

Things to remember include:
  • Team matches don't count
  • Robot tournaments don't count if you withdraw, but do count if you complete them
  • TCR is not recalculated in real time; it is recalculated once a day.
  • If you enter as a sub and do not complete because the original player replaces you upon reconnection, it doesn't count as a withdrawal
  • If you are dummy on the last hand, you have to stay until the hand is completed, otherwise it will be marked as a withdrawal.

PS: It appears to me that you started playing tournaments on 11/6, and have withdrawn from 2 Goulashes and 7 Expresses, although some of these were within the past 24 hours and therefore may not yet be included in your TCR.

PPS: BBO's explanation of the calculation is here: http://www.bridgebas...tion_rates.html

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-November-16, 15:33

I'll send some details to you in a private message.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users