• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Finding opponents

#1 User is offline   hihihiji 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-November-12, 00:37

Hi all,

I don't know where to put this thread to so I just post it here.

To prepare for a pairs event tomorrow in a local club, my partner and I would like to find opponents to play BBO today for practice. I believe we are intermediate in BBF standard but we are not convinced by the general BBO users. And since we are from HK, the tournments held by BBF are at midnight so we are not able to join.

So, any regular partners are willing to play with us today at around 8:00pm GMT+8 (12:00 GMT/7:00am ET) for about 2hrs?

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   dicklont 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge, music, sports

Posted 2014-November-12, 04:15

You could rent a robot for a week. They play at a decent intermediate level with some glitches now and then. They are patient when you discus the hands and they don't walk away in the middle of a hand. It's a good way to practice at any time of the day (or night).
--
Finding your own mistakes is more productive than looking for partner's. It improves your game and is good for your soul. (Nige1)

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-November-12, 05:47

View Posthihihiji, on 2014-November-12, 00:37, said:

Hi all,

I don't know where to put this thread to so I just post it here.

To prepare for a pairs event tomorrow in a local club, my partner and I would like to find opponents to play BBO today for practice. I believe we are intermediate in BBF standard but we are not convinced by the general BBO users. And since we are from HK, the tournments held by BBF are at midnight so we are not able to join.

So, any regular partners are willing to play with us today at around 8:00pm GMT+8 (12:00 GMT/7:00am ET) for about 2hrs?

Thanks!

I'll leave the thread here, but in general when looking for a game, partner, opps or things like that - BBO related - it's better to post in BBO Discussions or Looking for a pd/teacher.

#4 User is offline   the hog 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Wagner and Bridge

Posted 2014-November-12, 05:58

View Postdiana_eva, on 2014-November-12, 05:47, said:

I'll leave the thread here, but in general when looking for a game, partner, opps or things like that - BBO related - it's better to post in BBO Discussions or Looking for a pd/teacher.

LOL
"The King of Hearts a broadsword bears, the Queen of Hearts a rose." W. H. Auden.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users