Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Directing free torunaments Directing tru old version of bbo

#1 User is offline   apward 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-November-09, 16:30

I have recently discovered that I can no longer reseat players at different tables using the old version of bbo, sometimes whilst directing I find that I have to ask a sub to agree to be reseated at another table if the original player returns, there has never been a problem with this until today, when I got message stating "unknow return". is it possible that the old version will be reinstalled?

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-November-10, 10:20

A change was made recently that doesn't allow the same player to be subbed twice into the same tourney. There were problems due to the player being in different partnerships in different rounds of the tourney.

#3 User is offline   jandrew 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-November-10, 13:25

I know the Apward hosts and/or directs many tournaments each week.

I assume that her recent difficulty was in respect of one of the tournaments that she runs each week for the Acol Players' Club.

In the case of the Acol tournaments there are at least two other Directors who, if they are online, make themselves available to "step-in" during a temporary disconnection and then leave the table upon the disconnected player's return. They might step-in in this way two or three times in a tournament, often with different partners. This helps to maintain established partnerships and appears to be welcomed by those who are regular participants in these tournaments.

Does this change prevent us from continuing this facility? If so, could the change be revised so that people who are registered as Directors for that tournament are able to be subbed-in more than once.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users