BBO Discussion Forums: Transferring Hands - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1

Transferring Hands

#1 User is offline   imaquila 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-October-31, 15:29

I'd very much like to know if there's a way that I can share hands that I've made using the Hand Editor with my partner. I've tried sending a hand to her BBO account but it ends up as a screen shot and NOT a hand to be practiced playing.
I do have some programming experience (Visual Basic) not C so if I had to I could learn to use the Dealer but if there's an easier way to transfer hands, I'd rather focus on learning to play better Bridge.

Thanks in advance for any replies to this question.

#2 User is offline   navahak 

• PipPip

Posted 2014-October-31, 16:03

It depends on what you want to do. But you can create a teaching table and select existing deals as deal source. Similarly existing deals can be used as source for partnership bidding.

To upload hands you need to have them in lin format and use My BBO->Hands and results->Import LIN. Alternative is to use Hand editor and enter cards manually and then save them.

But I prefer to use dealer for practicing. It generates constrained random deals based on my rules. I can then save complexish rules for later use. It often requires only minor modifications to have different practicing sessions with same system.

#3 User is offline   imaquila 

• PipPip

Posted 2014-October-31, 16:10

I may not have been clear. I already have a number of hands saved in "My Hands" folders manually entered, and saved and I can use them as a deal source. My objective is to find a way that I can transfer some of them to my partner to also practice with when I'm not available. Being already in my folder they would already be in Lin format but I don't know how to get them to her. Can I download them and email her the lin files to import to her own "My Hands" folder?

Thanks so MUCH for taking the time to reply!

View Postnavahak, on 2014-October-31, 16:03, said:

It depends on what you want to do. But you can create a teaching table and select existing deals as deal source. Similarly existing deals can be used as source for partnership bidding.

To upload hands you need to have them in lin format and use My BBO->Hands and results->Import LIN. Alternative is to use Hand editor and enter cards manually and then save them.

But I prefer to use dealer for practicing. It generates constrained random deals based on my rules. I can then save complexish rules for later use. It often requires only minor modifications to have different practicing sessions with same system.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users