• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lead testing request for simmers

#21 User is offline   awm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-November-15, 21:01

One might be able to look at hands where two tables had the same auction but different opening leads, and compare the results from the leads which are "better double dummy given the auction" versus the leads which are "worse double dummy given the auction" and see how they do. If WesleyC is right, we'd expect to see the results from real play looking closer than the double-dummy comparison (not clear that the "worse" leads would turn out better, since occasionally the worse leads might be simply bad, but we'd expect the results to be closer).
Adam W. Meyerson
a.k.a. Appeal Without Merit

#22 User is offline   Cthulhu D 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Overbidding

Posted 2014-November-15, 23:35

View Postawm, on 2014-November-15, 21:01, said:

One might be able to look at hands where two tables had the same auction but different opening leads, and compare the results from the leads which are "better double dummy given the auction" versus the leads which are "worse double dummy given the auction" and see how they do. If WesleyC is right, we'd expect to see the results from real play looking closer than the double-dummy comparison (not clear that the "worse" leads would turn out better, since occasionally the worse leads might be simply bad, but we'd expect the results to be closer).

It is relatively easily solvable - pick the single dummy bridge engine of your choice, and run the same test(s). If I could figure out how to do it I would :D (If anyone can tell me how to use a free single dummy solver to play the cards from a PBN file with a specified opening lead, I will do it)

Edit: It looks like it is only possible with GiB

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users