BBO Discussion Forums: New suit or support? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New suit or support?

Poll: New suit or support? (37 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you support straight away, or bid 1S first

1. 1S (9 votes [24.32%])

Percentage of vote: 24.32%

2. 2H (28 votes [75.68%])

Percentage of vote: 75.68%

3. 1NT (intending to follow up with 2H) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Other (pls elaborate) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-October-31, 04:50

View Postwank, on 2014-October-31, 04:44, said:

people shouldn't talk a constant stream of shite and troll the forum with endless nit-picking either, but sadly these things happen. when they happen and make me look like a dick by association though it's too much.

People also shouldn't choose usernames that are likely to offend and embarrass other people.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#62 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-October-31, 04:51

Jesus... please help this woman!
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#63 User is offline   Jinksy 

• Experimental biddicist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-October-31, 07:00

View PostTrinidad, on 2014-October-31, 01:23, said:

You can see next to post #1 that the OP lives in Portugal. In Portugal they don't have the peculiarities that this group of islands surrounded by the North Sea and Atlantic Ocean have. Therefore, in Portugal, they drive on the right side of the road and play 5 card majors.

Oh, snap. They probably think the system evolved naturally, rather than being intelligently designed, though ;)
The "4 is a transfer to 4" award goes to Jinksy - PhilKing

#64 User is offline   NickRW 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-October-31, 07:11

View PostJinksy, on 2014-October-31, 07:00, said:

Oh, snap. They probably think the system evolved naturally, rather than being intelligently designed, though ;)

I wish I could up-vote that more than once :)

On the subject of what side people keep to in the Underground (if any) - I don't remember. I live less than 40 miles from London, but I go there rarely - I absolutely detest large cities. There are probably people from other countries on this forum that go there more than I do.
"Pass is your friend" - my brother in law - who likes to bid a lot.

#65 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2014-October-31, 18:15

View Postwank, on 2014-October-31, 04:44, said:

people shouldn't talk a constant stream of shite and troll the forum with endless nit-picking either, but sadly these things happen. when they happen and make me look like a dick by association though it's too much.
Wank was doing fine on his own :) but other extra-terrestrials must present a united front against terra-ism.

#66 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me

Posted 2014-October-31, 18:52

View Postaguahombre, on 2014-October-30, 21:33, said:

So, now I know that your responses and "ratings" of the answers provided by others are based on a 4-card major system, unless otherwise stated by the OP. I sometimes wondered what they were based on. I personally have no experience with such style after all these years, and have no opinion about its effectiveness. But, it certainly explains some of the responses I don't understand on BBF.
If the OP fails to mention his agreements, you can specify what you guess them to be, in your initial reply.e.g.

View Postnige1, on 2014-October-28, 06:21, said:

1 if you're playing a simple natural system but assuming a 5-card major system like 2/1 then, IMO, 2 = 10, 1 = 9, for the reasons argued by wank. e.g. there is a better argument for a 1 response with
K J x x x Q J x x x x x.
I find polls more interesting when they identify who voted for what.

#67 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-October-31, 19:48

Nige1, no sane person needs to form a united front, whatever that means, to react to Vampyr.

And please do not get in to ***** word games here.such as "if the OP fails to mention his agreements...." In another very recent topic http://www.bridgebas...borderline-bid/
the OP was as clear as crystal and everyone on this planet understood that the discussion was about Fantunes and SAYC.
Guess who stepped in with ACOL?

All of this -OP did not mention ... it is not clear... standard.... where I live... are BS. Even if OP put a title that says "Strictly 2/1 (or Precision or Polish Club) this person will still sneak in and post comments like "Yes but this is not forcing in ACOL" or "Not everyone plays 2/1" or " In EBL we do this different" etc etc with more bs and bs and bs.

And this is not about Brits, I really don't give a rat's @$ where she is originally from or where she lives atm. Other Brits in this forum, seems like very capable of talking about 2/1 or any other system, at least at the level of a decent 2/1 player, if not better, and in fact as a 2/1 player I learn and exchange ideas with them much more than the players from other nations. Perhaps it is due to having a lot of decent players from UK in BBF. So maybe we can criticize Wank for making the statement he did, because we already knew the difference between Vampyr and other Brits in this forum. The difference is not where she came from or where she lives. It is about her motives when posting and bringing the same thing like a broken record on and on and on.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#68 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me

Posted 2014-October-31, 20:43

View PostMrAce, on 2014-October-31, 19:48, said:

Nige1, no sane person needs to form a united front, whatever that means, to react to Vampyr
Vampyr and I are on the same side here. Contributors capable of rational argument demean themselves when they descend to ad hominem attacks, especially those that are gratuitously offensive.

View PostMrAce, on 2014-October-31, 19:48, said:

And please do not get in to ***** word games here.such as "if the OP fails to mention his agreements...." In another very recent topic http://www.bridgebas...borderline-bid/ the OP was as clear as crystal and everyone on this planet understood that the discussion was about Fantunes and SAYC.Guess who stepped in with ACOL?
IMO, off-topic remarks are OK when introduced clearly as such. Many members are concerned mainly with 2/1 type systems. I agree with Vampyr that there should be a special forum to cater for them. A few of us, however, have more eclectic interests and we're grateful for being allowed to exchange opinions.

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users