Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

web version directing

#1 User is offline   onoway 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-October-27, 15:43

Is it possible to have something on here to update how the web version works - the mechanics, so to speak - for setting and running tourneys? I have a few people interested in helping to TD with the intention eventually of running them themselves and frankly I find the web version really complicated to tell people how to manage. I STILL haven't been able to figure out how to do substitutions and have to resort to the download version, although eventually I found out...mostly by clicking everything in turn until something worked..how to do everything else like adjustments. If there was a sort of instruction manual to follow so I could refer people to it it would be hugely helpful.

Well, thank you Diana Eva, I found the extended section on running them a few paragraphs below the first mention of doing them. But wow is it ever complicated. It's interesting that the subs listed for the web and for the download are not the same, and the web subs are often not there or refuse the invitation...do they they register for any and all so then pick and choose which they want to join?.It takes forever if they are joining an intermediate partner.and in a tourney the other day which I was NOT running, a whole lot of subs came and went, so apparently no barrier to runners. I got four refusals in a row on web so again retreated to download and instantly got a sub who stuck. Moving from team to team in web team matches also seems extremely slow and awkward.
I understand the download days are numbered and the web is the golden haired child but WHY does it have to be so COMPLICATED when the first version is so simple and easy to navigate? The web has had me close to tears from stress both times I have tried to use it and it is NOT a matter of wanting to have problems, believe me.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users