BBO Discussion Forums: The nonforcing cue bid - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The nonforcing cue bid

#1 User is offline   ArtK78 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Poker, participatory and spectator sports.
    Occupation - Tax Attorney in Atlantic City, NJ.

Posted 2014-October-25, 12:04

I was not aware that GIB played this convention. I have not yet considered all of the implications, but this particular instance doesn't seem to have worked out that well.

My link

I am sure that the members of the Fora can come up with some interesting ideas for the use of this tool.

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-October-25, 18:38

View Poststeve2005, on 2014-August-18, 15:19, said:

Yes, need to have a rule never pass cuebids!. My wife uses the play 4 hands for practice so I cant show hands. She's terrified to make a cuebid because Gib passes them!

View Postgeorgi, on 2014-August-26, 05:47, said:

For all ( or until it's found flaw ) of the cases where GIB tends to make cuebids there are continuations.

When there is a flaw like this, it's probably that global cuebid is over expected continuations.

There might be hundreds of sequences and using cuebid is not always the same meaning. Cuebid could be short/stopper/asking/values/etc

I.e. here, replying on sequent TOX with cuebid on level 6 is not designed or rather expected. It's just flaw.

There can't be full descriptive sequences and full up to 7NT rules where everything has meaningful and spotless way.

But, the more common and frequent some auction is, GIB should be more equipped to provide accurate explanation and corresponding hand.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users