BBO Discussion Forums: The following search terms are not allowed and were removed from your query: color - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The following search terms are not allowed and were removed from your query: color

#1 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-October-17, 11:43

After Steve's recent post in the Suggestions forum, I wanted to search for the word "color" (American spelling, I know...) to see when this was previously discussed. I got the above error message. Why should this search be disallowed?

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

Posted 2014-October-17, 11:45

Putting the word in quotes eliminated that problem. Never mind...

#3 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2014-October-17, 14:20

Forum search feature is unfortunately completely useless... I always get better results with Google (using "site:www.bridgebase.com").
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-October-19, 01:16

I found a thread in another forum that uses IP.Board discussing this. Other search words that they noticed were removed were "javascript" and "border". I looked in the configuration options for the forum search feature, there's no list of disallowed words.

So I searched the code, and there's a hard-coded list: img|quote|code|html|javascript|a href|color|span|div|border|style

What these all have in common are that they appear in HTML code, and some are also BBcode. I suspect the reason they're blocked is because if the forum allows entering raw HTML, these will match the tags, not just when the words are in the real text. E.g. if you search for "color", you'll find all the posts where someone has changed the color of part of the text.

#5 User is offline   Bbradley62 

Posted 2014-October-19, 08:01

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users