Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tab to stop chat while playing Something similar to Stop Vugraph Notifications

#1 User is offline   BabsG 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-October-16, 15:27

Would it be possible to have a tab that can be clicked to stop chat while playing (rather than having to drag the line beneath the table downward)? Dragging works but resets the table area. It would be nice to just not receive the chat.

I was playing this morning and my opps chatted constantly - I finally 'blackened' them. It would have been wonderful to just have clicked a button to have some peace. :blink:

I usually stop the vugraph and friend notification when I play. Bot touneys are great - no chat!!

Just a thought.

Thanks for your consideration.

BabsG

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-October-16, 23:10

Blocking chat from outside the table is a reasonable request, in my view.

But I can't see them agreeing to blocking oppo chat.

If you are on the flash interface you can hide all chat by relegating it to a tab on the right of the screen.

Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   BabsG 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2014-October-17, 07:30

View Post1eyedjack, on 2014-October-16, 23:10, said:

If you are on the flash interface you can hide all chat by relegating it to a tab on the right of the screen.

I guess my suggestion was more to the idea of having a "chat" button to click so that the chat did not appear under the table. To click on the button would set up the 'chat' tab on the right hand side of the screen (rather than having to drag the line down and then reset it).

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks!

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-October-17, 08:54

There's also a button to reduce the font size of chat. Maybe making it smaller will make it less annoying.

But opponents have to be able to ask you questions, so hiding it totally would be inappropriate.

#5 User is offline   BabsG 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2014-October-17, 13:13

View Postbarmar, on 2014-October-17, 08:54, said:

There's also a button to reduce the font size of chat. Maybe making it smaller will make it less annoying.

But opponents have to be able to ask you questions, so hiding it totally would be inappropriate.

Yes - thanks barmar - I will do that :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users