Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

North

#1 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-October-11, 10:44

MP, best hand South, Instant, Pro GIB 30.

I think perhaps I should have just bid 3H given the conditions of contest. But not relevant.

North should overcall 3S or respect 4H if starting with double. Even the explanation of the 4S bid says 17+ TP

Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#2 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2014-October-11, 19:11

We have seen a lot of hand where the human has doubled then bid a new suit showing a big hand and Gib doesn't believe him.

This hand illustrates Gib does not understand the concept of doubling with a big hand. This doesn't rate a double. Its just a min 3 bid even a pass would not be totally outrageous.

Sarcasm is a state of mind

#3 User is offline   cloa513 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-October-12, 05:23

Did you notice that 3NT proves to be solid?

#4 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2014-October-12, 05:33

View Postcloa513, on 2014-October-12, 05:23, said:

I hadn't, although I fleetingly considered bidding it. Is there a point?

It makes at D/D, although your definition of solid varies from mine. Under my definition, for it to be "solid" there should be no reasonable lie of the opponents' cards which would defeat the contract on any reasonable line adopted by declarer. I would not say that this N/S pairing of cards qualified.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,

#5 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2014-October-12, 07:08

I don't think so: when i have played with GIB i had the impression it used Stayman count (it well, i too) and it agrees me for valutation (bidding also). Now let's look yellow 4 .. From Stayman : (43) A Q 10 8 4 3 K Q 5 2 8 K 3 Bidding 3 ?= Double - Don't overcalled 3. Your partner may have 4-5 hearts and a singleton on spade. The good player don't miss any eventuality that can be investigate without risk.(pag.262..Stayman systeme..) There is not corrispondence with the hand(=points) in post 1 whilest yes with my hand indicate (43) then i think it depends from software(=progammation) and not by GIB.(Lovera)

#6 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2014-October-12, 07:58

I regret that any meaning was lost in translation. With what, precisely, are you disagreeing when you say "I don't think so"?

#7 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2014-October-12, 09:09

View Post1eyedjack, on 2014-October-12, 07:58, said:

I regret that any meaning was lost in translation. With what, precisely, are you disagreeing when you say "I don't think so"?

That the points indicate for 4 clicking on yellow square on score don't corrisponde (17/+) with the points in the hand:this one is good on first level (1 - X and then 2 for N. The declaration on level for GIB has mixed(=don't good control by programmation for concordance) the things making, in this case, a misunderstanding (to program is not always easy). Bye.

#8 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2014-October-12, 09:54

View Postcloa513, on 2014-October-12, 05:23, said:

You bid 3N on hands like that most likely youll be in 3N down when 4 makes

Sarcasm is a state of mind

#9 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-October-12, 11:14

Isn't this just awful? Double is so bad. BBO should be embarrassed to promote a program that bids this poorly. Pass 10, 3S 7, Double MINUS INFINITY.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users