• You cannot reply to this topic

Marks out of 10 for Heart 8

#1 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-October-11, 09:01

MP, best hand South, Instant, pro GIB 30

Trick 3.

Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#2 User is offline   uva72uva72 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-October-11, 12:22

0 out of 10.

Unfortunately the robot's often-documented card-play shortcomings (deliberately throwing away tricks as in your example, failing to lead Aces against 7NT, opening leads of singleton Kings) don't seem to get any traction

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2014-October-11, 13:47

I thought perhaps I was supposed to play H9 or HT on the first round in the South seat. As North I might then be more inclined to appreciate the potential threat of the 8.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#4 User is offline   Bbradley62 

Posted 2014-October-11, 14:26

Last I saw, GIB's card said "frequent count signals", so you should certainly play low on the first heart. Overtaking J with A should also be an indication that West has no side entry (meaning you have A and K), so there's no reason at all for North to throw away a potentially good card. As uva says, this is another example of GIB's inability to "just play low" when he thinks it doesn't matter.

#5 User is online   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-October-11, 17:06

10 - Avoids the endplay and subsequent squeeze (since there is a squeeze on every hand).

#6 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2014-October-11, 19:05

I think its a classic unblocking play.
Sarcasm is a state of mind

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users