• You cannot reply to this topic

Choose your own Adventure

#41 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-October-30, 05:58

View Postmikeh, on 2014-October-29, 18:58, said:

The bridge threads are for bridge discussions. Insult me as a bad bridge player all you want. Argue with my bridge logic....I enjoy that. You are a believer, I am not. We can agree to disagree. We can even engage in an exchange of insults on that difference, in the unlikely event that we could be bothered to do it all over again, but we do it in the WC. In the meantime, grow up and keep to bridge in the bridge threads, where I respect your contributions even when I disagree with them. If you can't...then go troll someone else. I'll place you on ignore, doubling the list of posters currently resident thereon.

I must have missed something, because I though the bridge discussion here was totally dead (EDIT: Last bridge comment was on october 13th more than 2 weeks ago) when I posted a comment as a simple joke, even though I didn't intend any ofence it seems someone got offended. I take the blame for the offence (EDIT: Full blame, someone just explained to me how silly it was, and I agree now), but I don't take any blame for going off topic.

View Postgwnn, on 2014-October-30, 01:37, said:

Fluffy you are completely infantile in this thread. WTF? I don't get it, you don't even properly post on this in the religion topic (just complaining about other people's posts), just calling it a "piece of *****" thread, but you are happy to take that "*****" elsewhere? What does that make you look like?

Again, when I posted that it was a piece of s_h_i_t of a thread it was more like a joke, with a mixture for the pain I got form the memories from that thread, EDIT: I hate it that you took at as an offence.

The time I post something to offend someone has only happened once, unsurpisingly on that thread. But I don't plan it to happen again anytime soon. I don't make any puns seriously. I was grown in a way that I'd rather damage myself than offend others. I still keep that way of thinking. But on the internet intentions are unclear, and do not suffice.

And the logic is easy: You resurrected my bad memories from that thread, and here you see the consequences. Even when I just intended it as a unharmful joke with a smiley, it has escalated.

#42 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-October-30, 07:35

Which religious thread are you all talking about? Is it the one in "water cooler" something like "religious moderation"?
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#43 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue

Posted 2014-October-30, 07:41

yeah, that beast, it is so big that referring to it as a whole is not really correct, but inside it there was a lot of things that weren't good for me, specially the strong arguments with mikeh.

#44 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2014-October-30, 07:46

Could you please stop saying "I am sorry if you took it as an offence?" It's such a politician's apology. It's one step away from "I am sorry that you made me hit you" (more on that later). As a rule of thumb, if you want to apologise, don't start "I am sorry if you." It just makes no sense. I know I asked you to do this before and apparently you still don't get it. And I am not offended, just shocked that you are happy to drag the "*****" from the water cooler to other threads as well. So I resurrected some bad memories and that gives you the right to go and talk about it in any thread you like? What sense does that make?

mgoetze: we had this discussion before and the minimum reverse and minimum 3 rebid should be more or less the same since they more or less take the same room to stop in 3. So 3 makes no sense.

Ah, there is even a wikipedia article on this!
http://en.wikipedia....apology_apology
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#45 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess

Posted 2014-October-30, 08:07

Presumably accepting the transfer would have shown a balanced hand, so the fact that we happen to play T-Walsh doesn't really affect our choices here. So I'll just pretend to be playing old-fashioned Walsh and accept partner's sign-off in 3.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#46 User is offline   mikeh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2014-October-30, 08:35

View PostFluffy, on 2014-October-30, 05:58, said:

EDIT: I hate it that you took at as an offence.

I suspect you are trying to do the right thing...I hope so, anyway. But this edit doesn't help.

The purpose of an apology is to convey to the people you offended that you are sorry that you made the offensive remark. By addressing how the offended people reacted, and saying that you are sorry they reacted that way or that you hate that they react that way you are blaming the offended people for their reaction rather than accepting responsibility for having offended them.

Does that help?

Or were you really just being a jerk, pretending to apologize while making it clear that you don't think you did or said anything wrong? I am pretty sure you aren't being a jerk, btw.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users