• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

finding tables in private clubs

#21 User is offline   onoway 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-October-10, 13:36

Many of us got trained early to realize that generally we wouldn't understand them anyway :)

I once struggled through the barriers and got to Microsoft about an email issue way back when, and got a three page reply instructing me how to fix it which was totally incomprehensible to me and to two friends I asked for help deciphering the thing. I ended up having to abandon the account. That happens often enough and people begin to assume they won't understand so don't even bother...or at least that's my theory.

Lots of computer talented people just have no concept, it seems, just how convoluted things are to us computer challenged people when they seem so simple and straightforward to them. I've often wondered why these companies don't have a cadre of non computer people to test drive programs before they loose them on a whimpering public. Or have parallel programs, one for people who want a computer that will do everything but tie your shoelaces and bring you coffee and those who just want the basics. It would be a very interesting market research project to see how many people bought - and used - which. The branding of being extremely user friendly was what got Apple its jump start to success.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users