Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Detecting connection problems

#1 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-October-05, 06:42

With the Flash version you (supposedly) get to see the quality of your own connection by way of the square icon in the top right of the window, with a miniature bar graph. It is not ideal because (apart from any other criticisms) there is a time lag between measurement/display of changes in the bar graph and the current connection status. But that aside, ...

With the Windows download version you get to see the quality of connections of other players at the table by way of a red spot displayed against their name.

I think it is disappointing that the Flash version, which is supposed to replace the download version, does not provide a red spot option for other players at the table and limits its report to your own connection alone. Y'all want players to switch to Flash, but the argument would be more convincing if features available in the download version that are not available in Flash are minimised.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-October-06, 09:18

In the Flash version, a player's name turns red if their connection is down.

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-October-06, 11:25

View Postbarmar, on 2014-October-06, 09:18, said:

In the Flash version, a player's name turns red if their connection is down.

By "down", do you mean disconnected? I had the impression that the red spot in the windows download version did not imply so catastrophic a severance - more akin to 1 bar in the flash bar-chart icon. You also get the player's name turning red in the Windows download client when there is a complete disconnection (as I recall - been a while since I used that).
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users