• You cannot reply to this topic

App for Windows 8 ?

#1 User is offline   riethub 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-October-05, 02:54

Hi,
I regular play on BBO via my PC but when i am travelling it is only possible
to play on a tablet or IPhone via a Google or IPhone app.

I am a full Windows user also with a tablet and Windows Phone and as far as
i am informed there are no plans to provide an app for the Windows 8.

Are other people interested in it, please react ...may be BBO will take some actions[/b][/size][/size].

Regards
RietHubb

#2 User is offline   Narra Nhoj 

• PipPip

Posted 2014-October-05, 07:54

View Postriethub, on 2014-October-05, 02:54, said:

Hi,
I regular play on BBO via my PC but when i am travelling it is only possible
to play on a tablet or IPhone via a Google or IPhone app.

I am a full Windows user also with a tablet and Windows Phone and as far as
i am informed there are no plans to provide an app for the Windows 8.

Are other people interested in it, please react ...may be BBO will take some actions[/b][/size][/size].

Regards
RietHubb

As we are now in the age of HTML5, I think it's highly unlikely that BBO will be considering an app for Windows 8 or 8.1 or indeed for any other android/iThing/whatever tablet or phone.

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-October-06, 11:28

View PostNarra Nhoj, on 2014-October-05, 07:54, said:

As we are now in the age of HTML5, I think it's highly unlikely that BBO will be considering an app for Windows 8 or 8.1 or indeed for any other android/iThing/whatever tablet or phone.

BBO has provided an app for android/iThing and has done for some years now.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-October-06, 12:21

View Post1eyedjack, on 2014-October-06, 11:28, said:

BBO has provided an app for android/iThing and has done for some years now.

But as we've said in other threads, we're probably not going to do another custom app. The mobile app uses Adobe AIR, which supports both Android and iOS. Unless Adobe adds support for Windows Mobile to this, we're probably not going to have anything for it any time soon.

AIR has the feature that it's based on Flash (it's basically a way to run Flash applications without a browser), so the mobile app could borrow code from the web app. An HTML5 app would require starting over from scratch, rewriting everything in Javascript.

#5 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-October-06, 13:10

Doesn't really bother me. I have no interest in playing on anything smaller than a tablet. And if I have a tablet with Win 8, then I will have Flash and will play with the full size client. No need for separate app.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#6 User is offline   riethub 

• Pip

Posted 2014-October-11, 14:32

View Post1eyedjack, on 2014-October-06, 13:10, said:

Doesn't really bother me. I have no interest in playing on anything smaller than a tablet. And if I have a tablet with Win 8, then I will have Flash and will play with the full size client. No need for separate app.

Hi, flash cannot be installed on a tablet of W8.

But i understand BBO is not alone other products neither provide something for W8 ...so it will become and IPad

regards

#7 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2014-October-14, 11:56

Are you sure about the tablet claim? I have a surface pro 3 and run flash all the time. It came with windows 8.1. You can download free android emulators and run android apps on your windows tablet. I tried some on the surface pro just to see if it worked. And the apps did fine, so you might want to that as a solution ad well.
--Ben--

#8 User is offline   riethub 

• Pip

Posted 2014-October-16, 04:51

View Postinquiry, on 2014-October-14, 11:56, said:

Are you sure about the tablet claim? I have a surface pro 3 and run flash all the time. It came with windows 8.1. You can download free android emulators and run android apps on your windows tablet. I tried some on the surface pro just to see if it worked. And the apps did fine, so you might want to that as a solution ad well.

Hi,
thanks for the information, i didn't now that.
i have currently a smartphone with W8 (not yet 8.1) and ther it is not possible at all and i was informed that it was on the tablets of W8 the same.
i did a quick check on my w8 pc into the store and their i didn't find any emulator (of course i have thier the flasplyer sot that i can play on BBO)

Meanwhile i have decided it will become a IPAD.

Nevertheless thanks
Riet Hub

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users