Monster 5-5

#1 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-October-04, 17:23

Team match.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#2 User is offline   PhantomSac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-October-04, 17:49

2S natural and forcing...what else could we do?
The artist formerly known as jlall

#3 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2014-October-04, 17:52

View PostPhantomSac, on 2014-October-04, 17:49, said:

2S natural and forcing...what else could we do?

That's what i did. And pd bid 2 NT, RHO (JEC) 3 and i bid 3 and 3 by pd....now pass or 4?
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#4 User is offline   PhantomSac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-October-04, 17:59

If I thought about bidding 4 it would be to try to dissuade them from doubling 3 lol. JK but this auction has gone about as badly as possible, they bid spades on my left, partner bid hearts and NT and then gave a spade preference, meanwhile RHO has stuck in a delayed 3C bid no idea wtf htat is. Seems like we have no fit no values might be facing a club ruff and the spades are all behind us, I'm scared lol.

#5 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2014-October-04, 18:03

View PostPhantomSac, on 2014-October-04, 17:59, said:

If I thought about bidding 4 it would be to try to dissuade them from doubling 3 lol. JK but this auction has gone about as badly as possible, they bid spades on my left, partner bid hearts and NT and then gave a spade preference, meanwhile RHO has stuck in a delayed 3C bid no idea wtf htat is. Seems like we have no fit no values might be facing a club ruff and the spades are all behind us, I'm scared lol.

Those were exactly the thought crossed my mind. Otoh we were leading by a lot. Dunno if papi fools around ever. But my main concern was that they would bid it at the other table. Which they did. They made, I went down 1, it was not makeable anyway.

Pd had T9 Jxxxx xx Axxx (spades 5-1 and diamonds 5-1) both my 5-5 were 5-5 also by my left, lol. So yes, pass was correct.

#6 User is offline   PhantomSac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-October-04, 18:08

View PostMrAce, on 2014-October-04, 18:03, said:

Dunno if papi fools around ever.

LHO is marked with spade length since RHO did not make a support double and partner has only 2 spades. If you are down a lot you are more likely to get doubled in 4 and go for a number so it is risky either way. You bought really well (the T9 of spades, and the CA filling your king and meaning they won't get a club ruff) imo, and game is still not that great based on the auction (though with no bidding it is an excellent game obv).

#7 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2014-October-04, 18:16

Yep, tbh I was not % 100 confident what my 2 was taken by pd.I thought he had it figured out after 3. Phil and I play once in a year or so. Not being confident when things like that comes is very annoying in a match. But i know I was feeling very guilty as my fingers went to click for 4 lol

#8 User is offline   the hog 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Wagner and Bridge

Posted 2014-October-04, 19:11

I would have preferred a 2 suited overcall, but never rmind. I pass now.
"The King of Hearts a broadsword bears, the Queen of Hearts a rose." W. H. Auden.

#9 User is offline   antonylee 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-October-04, 19:13

View PostMrAce, on 2014-October-04, 18:03, said:

Those were exactly the thought crossed my mind. Otoh we were leading by a lot. Dunno if papi fools around ever. But my main concern was that they would bid it at the other table. Which they did. They made, I went down 1, it was not makeable anyway.

Heh, sorry, thought too hard on that one :(

#10 User is offline   whereagles 

• Interests:Everything!

Posted 2014-October-05, 07:37

(No peeking at thread)

2, intending to show 18-20 with spades on grounds of "dbl + pull = strong" and "cue of responder's suit = natural". I have a bit more than 18-20, but need to keep bidding low.

If this is prone to be taken as some sort of cue by pard, I'd need to try for something else. Probably 3.

#11 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2014-October-05, 07:56

I overcall 2 (for us / good or bad) and partner will play in 3 of one of them depending on what he decides.

#12 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-October-05, 09:55

I find it hard to imagine 2s is being played as natural given the
bidding. It certainly is convenient for this hand but using it as
just a general game force would seem to be a much better use. The
problem I would have with bidding 2s here is that we could easily
lose the dia suit if 3n is not the right spot.

My preference would have been 3d over 2h which would be natural and
GF. This would allow p to rebid 3h (getting their extra length out
of the way safely) and letting us then bid 3n. I might indeed become
a victim to a well timed (ie lucky) 1s psyche but I will pay off and
save my 2s bid for something more flexible than the hand shown where
playing spades would seem to be much less a factor than normal.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users