• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Copy and paste Capability of copying game results and tagging chat sessions

#1 User is offline   hourcadett 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-October-04, 08:04

Two suggestions:

1)It would be nice if the software could allow anyone to copy to the Windows clipboard the results of the games. (It doesn't work now.)

2) I would also find it useful to be able to copy chat sessions in a way that they are tagged to the hand being played ... especially so that suggestions made by partners could be analyzed with care later on. Also, it would easily provide lasting evidence for nasty comments, and in that way perhaps have the effect of toning them down.

Thank you for your consideration.

Manuel Rodriguez

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-October-04, 10:26

Hi

The second suggestion has some attractions, but sounds like a technical nightmare. Somehow you would need to get the chat comments interspersed with bids and card plays. And then for those of who don't want to be bothered with it, there would need to be an option to filter it all out again. Perhaps you would want the timing of BIT actions to be measured as well. Then there are undo requests and acceptance and change of bids to record. Where would it end?

I cannot really get excited about the first suggestion. There exist other ways of recording the scores. What is the benefit of another one? But if it is trivial to implement it is of no consequence to me.

Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users