• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Marks out of 10 for Pass

#1 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-October-02, 13:19

MP, best hand South, Instant, pro GIB 30

Scored 0% on this one. Anyone playing in Spades makes 10, so even in part-score 170 beats 150

But possibly an unfair measure of the severity of the problem, as all the other tables are playing one version of GIB, and my table a unique version.

I am not convinced that GIB is to blame here, and if it is to blame it is certainly not the sort of gross transgression to which we are accustomed.

Really just open to suggestions. Law of total tricks did not suggest to me that contesting 3 over 3 was right.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-October-02, 13:25

I wonder what a direct double of 3 would have shown. North should certainly compete at least to 3 opposite partner's opening hand.

#3 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-October-02, 14:44

Pass zero out of 10. Pass is utter nonsense opposite a partner who opened the bidding, double is clear-cut.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users