BBO Discussion Forums: Marks out of 10 for 2H, 6D and 7D? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Marks out of 10 for 2H, 6D and 7D?

#1 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-October-02, 12:35

MP, best hand South, instant, pro gib 30

At the other tables, under a previous version of GIB, North bid 3D where mine bid 2H

Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#2 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-October-02, 14:51

2H maybe 2 out of 10. Did GIB E find the killing C lead?

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2014-October-02, 17:34

View Postiandayre, on 2014-October-02, 14:51, said:

2H maybe 2 out of 10. Did GIB E find the killing C lead?
yup
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,

#4 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-October-02, 23:25

If you had diamonds and North had clubs, you would have been able to outbid them with 7 making. I wonder if GIB would have taken out to 7 after having been outbid in the other suit.

#5 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-October-03, 02:05

Although I don't think much of North's bidding, I think with the South hand I would have bid 6H rather than 7C, expecting the North hand to have the red and black suits the other way around.
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#6 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2014-October-03, 03:30

View Postgordontd, on 2014-October-03, 02:05, said:

Although I don't think much of North's bidding, I think with the South hand I would have bid 6H rather than 7C, expecting the North hand to have the red and black suits the other way around.

I certainly thought about it.

The problem with 6H is that to come close you are going to need to run the Clubs, and with only Kx of Hearts you are unlikely to be able to draw trumps and have an entry to the Clubs.

If you swap *these* red suits, 7C would still need a trump lead to have any chance of beating it, and even on an assumed trump lead would still be only a bit below the odds.

But of course North could be even less suitable, so I take your point.

#7 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-October-03, 10:18

10 for 2. Doesn't everybody play canape overcalls???

#8 User is offline   chasetb 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-October-03, 11:25

I give zeroes to all three bids. If North is planning on bidding a second time (DUH!) then show your suits in the proper order of length, hence Diamonds then Hearts.

GIB should NEVER be allowed to pull a 7-level contract. It looked like some robot just wanted to be a hand hog.
"It's not enough to win the tricks that belong to you. Try also for some that belong to the opponents."

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself."

"One advantage of bad bidding is that you get practice at playing atrocious contracts."

-Alfred Sheinwold

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users