• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

gib versions

#1 User is offline   0 luca 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-September-29, 15:37

I am confused about gib rental.
I rent gib from client . I saw different costs when I try to rent it from ipad . I can use gibs in ipad though I rent it for client . could you describe web ipad and mobile environments use which version of gibs.

#2 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-September-30, 12:50

I would like to help you, but I am not understanding what you mean when you use the word "client".

Also, most of the regulars here, with the exception of Lycier, do not rent GIBS, we play in tournaments using GIB. Perhaps you should give those a try.

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-September-30, 13:11

Apart from on the first Gregorian calendar day of the month, when you get a freebie option (of basic robots) as a promotional gesture, the general rule is that you can rent advanced robots at $1 per day, or basic robots at $1 per week.

The distinction between advanced and basic is in their quality of play/AI.

For robot tourneys, you do not have to rent any robots (and for these events there is no benefit from having rented). In such tournaments you get the advanced robots as part of the fee for entering the tournament. Some robot tournaments are free to enter, as a "taster", but these fill up fast - typically a maximum of 10 players per tourney. For the non-free robot tourneys the cost starts at $0.25 for an 8-board tournament. Some of the tournaments require $1 or $5 entry fees, but for the extra price you either get more hands per tournament or the potential prospect of a higher cash-back return for success. There are no robot tourneys that use the basic robot.

If you are using the old windows download client there may be additional options to use very old versions of robot but I get lost regarding the options there, but I am pretty sure that this is irrelevant in an online tourney context.

Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users