BBO Discussion Forums: Using BBO web client problematic on Chromebook - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Using BBO web client problematic on Chromebook Unresponsive intervals

#1 User is offline   TrialBid 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-September-27, 20:42

I've been using a new Chromebook for a month or so and using BBO is unreliable. For a varying amount of time after login, all is well. Then some action (any action seems eligible: play a card, bid, chat, claim) stops all action dead in the water for up to a minute or so. It's nerve-wracking during play because if I click a second time on the card I tried to play, when action resumes, (if the card I led won the trick) I've now led the card next to it. Once the problem occurs it recurs soon. I haven't tested to see if it will eventually never respond, because the initial delay is already enough to make it virtually unusable. What I normally do is open another window and log in again. If I had to guess, something is consuming resources and not releasing them until logoff. Awhile back something afflicted Chrome on other systems but from the threads I've read, that's resolved.

If possible I'd like to see this fixed because the Chromebook is a nice travel companion, but until it is, I'll just play on my "real" computers.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users