• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking at CC EBU

#21 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-September-22, 17:03

steve2005, on 2014-September-22, 13:55, said:

so right so he looked at opp card. I do it as a matter of course at start of round. Just because a bid occurred doesnt mean I cant look now and bar partner from making a weird bid

There was time to do this before the auction started; South was not present at the table when E/W arrived.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#22 User is offline   lamford 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-September-22, 17:23

The hand that looked at the CC and then had a short BIT over 1H was QJx AK Jxxx QTxx. I thought that a look at the CC and a double or a short BIT and a double was about right, and experienced partnerships will have discussed which one shows four spades and which one does not. The combination of the two followed by a pass probably should show a defensive values take-out double, which is just what she had, but I was not that familiar with the EW methods. The TD adjusted the score to 4H= and eventually managed to get the polarity and compass directions right when correcting this thread, just as he eventually managed to score the event. The problems with radio signals for Bridgemates, combined with late arrivals to the event, owing in part to some march in London and other transport problems, made his job a nightmare, and he has my full sympathy.
I prefer to give the lawmakers credit for stating things for a reason - barmar

#23 User is offline   aguahombre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-September-22, 17:46

lamford, on 2014-September-22, 17:23, said:

The hand that looked at the CC and then had a short BIT over 1H was QJx AK Jxxx QTxx. I thought that a look at the CC and a double or a short BIT and a double was about right, and experienced partnerships will have discussed which one shows four spades and which one does not. The combination of the two followed by a pass probably should show a defensive values take-out double, which is just what she had, but I was not that familiar with the EW methods. The TD adjusted the score to 4H= and eventually managed to get the polarity and compass directions right when correcting this thread, just as he eventually managed to score the event. The problems with radio signals for Bridgemates, combined with late arrivals to the event, owing in part to some march in London and other transport problems, made his job a nightmare, and he has my full sympathy.

Please, those with no sense of humor, don't retort. The rest of us can admire.
"Bidding Spades to show spades can work well." (Kenberg)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users