BBO Discussion Forums: ...and robots are from Betelgeuse - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

...and robots are from Betelgeuse

#1 User is offline   uva72uva72 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-September-18, 00:07

My link

Matchpoints, ACBL robot individual

Clearly I learned bridge on a different planet from those who put together the GIB version of 2/1 GF. I was taught never to use a general-purpose convention when a more descriptive bid is available. So, for example, I don't use Jacoby 2NT when I've got a singleton or void or a good suit of my own in addition to support for partner. And I wouldn't bid 2 with the South display hand to show a limit raise or better in support of when, in so doing, I'm suppressing a 5-card spade suit and a void in the opponents' suit. And if I were forced at gunpoint to do so, when the bidding came back to me I would bid 4 on the way to 5 (unless, of course, that's a cue bid).

And I won't lead a singleton K a trick one, which seems to be an article of faith for the robots.

#2 User is offline   dicklont 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge, music, sports

Posted 2014-September-18, 08:00

Bad, bad robots ;)

I would probably go down in 4, heart lead for the ace, discard a diamond. Ruff heart, finesse spade for the king, club ruff, diamond to the king, another club ruff, diamond ace.
Down two. :rolleyes:

But yes, of course North should bid 1S in the first round.
--
Finding your own mistakes is more productive than looking for partner's. It improves your game and is good for your soul. (Nige1)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users