Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Master points

#1 User is offline   vblue 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-September-14, 10:04

I have played in your Robo tournaments and earned MP. Are these points sent to ACBL? Thanks.. Vicki Blue

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-September-14, 10:31

Hi Vicki and welcome.

Some robo tournaments are ACBL sanctioned, some are not.
Some ACBL sanctioned tournaments are robo tournaments, some are not.
If they have ACBL in the title to the tournament then they are sanctioned otherwise not.

When you enter an ACBL sanctioned tournament (robo or otherwise) you are prompted to enter your ACBL registration number, if you have one.
If you have one, and enter it, and rank sufficiently highly in the tournament, then you will earn ACBL masterpoints, which are automatically credited to you.

BBO also awards masterpoints for events (ACBL or otherwise) that you have to pay to enter.

If you enter a BBO tournament that happens also to be ACBL sanctioned (whether robo or not), then you could potentially rank for two sets of masterpoints: ACBL and BBO. They operate entirely separately and independently of each other.

The BBO masterpoints are only used to promote your ranking within BBO.

Hope that helps.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-September-14, 11:01

Check your masterpoint report on the back cover of the ACBL Bulletin. It will say which points came from BBO.

#4 User is offline   vblue 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-September-14, 12:52

View Post1eyedjack, on 2014-September-14, 10:31, said:

Hi Vicki and welcome.

Some robo tournaments are ACBL sanctioned, some are not.
Some ACBL sanctioned tournaments are robo tournaments, some are not.
If they have ACBL in the title to the tournament then they are sanctioned otherwise not.

When you enter an ACBL sanctioned tournament (robo or otherwise) you are prompted to enter your ACBL registration number, if you have one.
If you have one, and enter it, and rank sufficiently highly in the tournament, then you will earn ACBL masterpoints, which are automatically credited to you.

BBO also awards masterpoints for events (ACBL or otherwise) that you have to pay to enter.

If you enter a BBO tournament that happens also to be ACBL sanctioned (whether robo or not), then you could potentially rank for two sets of masterpoints: ACBL and BBO. They operate entirely separately and independently of each other.

The BBO masterpoints are only used to promote your ranking within BBO.

Hope that helps.

Can u tell me if I have earned ACBL points from play in Robo tournaments?

#5 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-September-14, 13:44

View Postvblue, on 2014-September-14, 12:52, said:

Hi Vicki

You have exhausted my area of knowledge, I'm sorry to say, being neither an official of BBO nor member of ACBL myself. Hopefully a forum mod will rescue me here.

The following link may be of some help:

http://www.bridgebas...&Show+Points=Go

This seems to indicate (at the time of posting) that you have yet to earn points in an ACBL event. Anyone who clicks on that link after a few weeks may show up some points earned subsequent to this post.

What I am not sure of, is this link *may* show only BBO masterpoints earned. It is possible that you might qualify for ACBL masterpoints without qualifying for BBO masterpoints, and they may not show up on this link.

Time for someone with the knowledge to chip in.

Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-September-15, 07:58

View Postvblue, on 2014-September-14, 12:52, said:

Go to http://www.bridgebase.com/points/ Enter your username into the field, and it will show how many points you have won from different organizations. If the organization is ACBL, they're ACBL points. This is also the page you'll get to if you click on Masterpoints in the main BBO page, then Mastpoint History.

In the case of ACBL tourneys, we don't distinguish between live and robot tourneys in this summary. If you drill down into the organization name you'll see totals by month, then you can click on a month to see the times of the specific tourneys. You can then use Myhands to see which tourney you played in at that time to win the points.

But I'll save you time: you haven't earned any ACBL masterpoints on BBO yet. You've played in a few ACBL robot tourneys this month, but didn't do well enough to earn any points. You earned about 1 point in BBO robot tourneys, but these don't go to ACBL.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users