• You cannot reply to this topic

My first complaint Serious misbid

#1 User is offline   shyams 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-September-13, 11:27

{comments}

This was a "Robot Rebate 55%" game.

I gave up when North hand was revealed. North's 4 bid makes absolutely no sense. Worse still, it does not match the explanation by a mile!

#2 User is offline   chasetb 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-September-13, 23:52

1.) Hopefully BBradley or someone else can chime in on this, but I don't know how to take that code and make it larger.

2.) Your diagram shows YOU as North, so I don't know if you are joking or not. If you were South, then North should clearly support Hearts. I think 4 is the bid, since 8 of 12 HCP are in the minors.
"It's not enough to win the tricks that belong to you. Try also for some that belong to the opponents."

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself."

"One advantage of bad bidding is that you get practice at playing atrocious contracts."

-Alfred Sheinwold

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-September-14, 00:37

It may be something to do with human swapping with North after auction ends when North declares

Either passing 3N or bidding 4H (over 3N) might work depending on how the wind blows. I would bid 4H. 4C doesn't enter into the frame.

Systemically I would expect 3H from North over 2S (2N denying a 3rd H, although I forgive it)

Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#4 User is offline   cloa513 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-September-14, 06:54

View Postshyams, on 2014-September-13, 11:27, said:

{comments}

This was a "Robot Rebate 55%" game.

I gave up when North hand was revealed. North's 4 bid makes absolutely no sense. Worse still, it does not match the explanation by a mile!

Assuming North really was GIb- 4 bid is hardly terrible- a bit silly - most of it fits. Its the 2NT that is bad- denying hearts support. Give South a singleton and its a disasterous bid missing the slam.

#5 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-September-14, 08:03

View Postcloa513, on 2014-September-14, 06:54, said:

Assuming North really was GIb- 4 bid is hardly terrible- a bit silly - most of it fits. Its the 2NT that is bad- denying hearts support. Give South a singleton and its a disasterous bid missing the slam.

South's 3N bid should(?) deny a singleton

And I think that 4C is not so much hardly terrible but more completely manic.

The 2N bid is OK. There is no ruffing potential in the short trump, and if South shows extra shape over 2N there is still time to retreat to H
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#6 User is offline   shyams 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-September-14, 08:34

View Post1eyedjack, on 2014-September-14, 00:37, said:

It may be something to do with human swapping with North after auction ends when North declares

Yes, all humans occupy South seats and switch over when North is declarer.

#7 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-September-14, 18:12

I must admit I can't blame Shyams too much for dropping out after the 4C call.

And if Cloa513 thinks the 4C bid is "hardly terrible", I think BBO has a job for him as a programmer. He'd fit right in.

#8 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2014-September-16, 22:59

4 is a horrid bid. Gib has a weak NT type hand it should be signing off by bidding 4 or passing 3N. 4 should be a serious slam try not twice rebiddible 12-14 pts

and what's with 3N showing 13-20 pts, If I have 20 pts I'm not bidding 3N am doing something forcing or just bidding 6N.

Sarcasm is a state of mind

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users