Imp

#1 User is offline   dwar0123 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-September-10, 13:53

Can you see your way home

Imps

Opponents playing UD count/attitude

Sorry for the crappy title - post entered before I was ready.

#2 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-September-10, 17:40

If East holds something like

AH9 or (AKQ)
AKxxx
Hxx or (xxx)

Which is consistent with 4 udca by West then we can make i guess. Ruff the 2nd and play Q and ruff high when covered, then clear the trump. When you cash the 3rd trump East will have to discard a club (can not discard a diamond or a heart) Play a low which will be won by East. Leave dummy AKx and Jx . Now east can play either a diamond or a club;

-if he plays a dia, discard a from hand and win with J. Play last diamond and ruff, West is now squeezed between clubs and heart.
-if he plays a club, win in dummy, cash J and play another dia to reach to the same position above.

Assume East did not cover Q when we played it. Discard a from hand, ruff a dia high, clear trumps. If East discards a club play as above. If he tries to discard his A then you lose only 1 heart due to T8 (remember 9 dropped from East on the 2nd round play of this suit)
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users