• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Elegant Hand

#1 User is offline   rogerclee 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-September-06, 16:10

Matchpoints

They lead the T and you cover, RHO winning the A. RHO then plays a club to your 9, LHO pitching a diamond.

#2 User is offline   PhantomSac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-September-06, 17:35

If RHO has AQ of hearts and 3 spades we can come down to a spade Kx of clubs and a heart in our hand. If RHO is down to 2 clubs and 2 hearts endplay him, if he stiffs his heart and wins the heart we win the club and play a spade to LHO who must feed us a heart. This line has a risk though if RHO has like Jxxx Ax x AJxxxx we will only make 9 tricks. We should test spades before clearing diamonds, if RHO has only 2 spades we can revert to the heart hook.

Not sure if this is right, and full disclosure I spent all of my time thinking how to make 11 with the HQ on with some kind of entry shifting thing but obviously that can't work with no entries lol, so I asked Roger and he said try to make 10 with the AQ of hearts off.
The artist formerly known as jlall

#3 User is offline   whereagles 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Everything!

Posted 2014-September-07, 04:54

Well, 10 seems doable. I think we can force overcaller to come down to A? AJ OR J A AJ, after which he can be endplayed if we guess right.

#4 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-September-07, 13:32

View Postwhereagles, on 2014-September-07, 04:54, said:

Well, 10 seems doable. I think we can force overcaller to come down to A? AJ OR J A AJ, after which he can be endplayed if we guess right.

Please read, just once in a life time, read the OP before you reply! You apologized 3 times already in last 2 days for not reading the OP or the person you are replying to.

- FYI Club A is already played at trick 1. If you are too lazy to read what Justin wrote, here is a short version

If RHO (overcaller) comes down to

-
AQ
-
xx

with both x clubs bigger than your x club, he will be endplayed by giving him a club

If he is smarter than that, he will hold

-
A
-
xxx

You then play a , he takes and plays a club you win in hand with K, you have no entry to dummy to use good heart, but you exit with 4th spade and LHO takes it and have to play hearts. All this depends on 4-3 spades with W holding 4 and overcaller holding 3. (or W may originally hold Jxxxx but discarded one on the way for w/e reason) Which Justin explained already.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#5 User is offline   whereagles 

Posted 2014-September-08, 08:03

Well, I mean Jx, obviously.

#6 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-September-08, 11:14

View Postwhereagles, on 2014-September-08, 08:03, said:

Well, I mean Jx, obviously.

Obviously?
The more you speak the more you are digging the hole you are in. Because Jx is inconsistent with the rest of your story.
Ok, lets agree for the sake of argument that you really meant Jx. How on earth were you planning to endplay overcaller when you said - "if we can force overcaller come down to J A Jx, after which he can be endplayed if we guess it right, for 10 tricks"
I am allowing you to guess it right, please show me.
Or maybe it was NOT obviously Jx?Posted Image

Please don't tell me that you are expecting RHO to discard his higher club spots and hold J3. Even though this is the only exit door you are left with Posted Image
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#7 User is offline   whereagles 

Posted 2014-September-09, 03:47

You're right. I overlooked the 9 was played trick 2.

#8 User is online   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-September-09, 03:55

No worries, there are still 50 cards you didn't overlook :)
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#9 User is offline   whereagles 

Posted 2014-September-09, 03:59

Not bad statistics then eheheh...

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users