BBO Discussion Forums: More Random Robot Acts of Kindness - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

More Random Robot Acts of Kindness

#1 User is offline   uva72uva72 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-September-06, 13:50

My link

IMPs, ACBL robot individual

My candidate for worst robot-played hand of the year. Cold for 10 tricks on the lead since s are 3-3 with the A onside (the latter marked by South's bidding him/herself up to the 3 level unassisted and vulnerable), West made misplays at tricks 5 (starting the tap on itself), 8 (removing its own last entry to dummy, effectively locking itself in its hand) and 9 (failing, upon its last lead from dummy, to put up the K when South played low. ) In a 12-board game, a 6-IMP swing is a pretty significant gift. The simming must have been switched off for this hand.

And what's with North? South bids and rebids s freely, and at the 3-level, and North leads a from 4 small and pickles the one high card about which there is any doubt? Of course, it had the effect of mesmerizing West into underplaying the hand by 2 tricks, so I guess I shouldn't argue with success. But on repeated leads, North-South may even have a chance to beat 3 if West ends up misguessing the s.

#2 User is offline   fuburules3 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-September-06, 21:20

View Postuva72uva72, on 2014-September-06, 13:50, said:

My link

IMPs, ACBL robot individual

My candidate for worst robot-played hand of the year. Cold for 10 tricks on the lead since s are 3-3 with the A onside (the latter marked by South's bidding him/herself up to the 3 level unassisted and vulnerable), West made misplays at tricks 5 (starting the tap on itself), 8 (removing its own last entry to dummy, effectively locking itself in its hand) and 9 (failing, upon its last lead from dummy, to put up the K when South played low. ) In a 12-board game, a 6-IMP swing is a pretty significant gift. The simming must have been switched off for this hand.

And what's with North? South bids and rebids s freely, and at the 3-level, and North leads a from 4 small and pickles the one high card about which there is any doubt? Of course, it had the effect of mesmerizing West into underplaying the hand by 2 tricks, so I guess I shouldn't argue with success. But on repeated leads, North-South may even have a chance to beat 3 if West ends up misguessing the s.

I don't think posts like this are all that productive for the forum.

#3 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2014-September-07, 09:39

View Postfuburules3, on 2014-September-06, 21:20, said:

I don't think posts like this are all that productive for the forum.

I disagree. Gib is famous for not leading suits partner has bid, no matter how strongly they have bid them. On this hand a lead is only lead which hold contract tight and a lead is only lead which allows +1 without guessing right. I know Gib likes to make safe leads, but isn't the safest lead usually to lead partner's suit.
Sarcasm is a state of mind

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users