BBO Discussion Forums: what indicates which side is vulnerable? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

what indicates which side is vulnerable?

#1 User is offline   annecau 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-September-05, 20:29

I haven't been able to determine which side is vulnerable. I also don't know how to see if there is a kibitzer. Help please

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-September-05, 20:56

Hi annecau, welcome.

The precise answers to your questions depend on the manner in which you visit BBO, ie which interface. If you log on through a Flash-enabled web browser the look is different from if you log on through an iPad or Android mobile device. For the time being I assume you join through a Flash-enabled web browser, but if I am wrong you can shout.

The vulnerability is denoted by colours, white being non-vulnerable and red being vulnerable. This is shown in two places: In the top left corner of the main area there is a box which shows the hand number and type of scoring, surrounded by four bands/strips which are coloured according to vulnerability for North/South and East/West. Also, the box that contains the tabulated bidding history is headed by the players' names and the background to the players' names is coloured likewise.

As for kibitzers, on the far rigiht of the screen there should be tabs labelled "who's online" and "my results". Clicking on these tabs alternates a panel displayed down the right hand side of the display. The "who's online" tab is normally displayed by default when you first log in.

In the "who's online" panel, along the top there are four sub-tabs ;labelled "Friends", "Hosts", "Stars" and "Kibitzers". "Friends" is the active tab by default, but if you click on "Kibitzers" it will display the kibitzers at your table.

The list of Kibitzes is not a "live" list that automatically updates in the event of any change, but just lists who are the kibitzers at the point when you click on the tab. If you wish to see who are the kibitzers at a specific instant, You will need to re-activate that tab by clicking on the "kibitzers" tab again. If that tab is currently already being displayed then you may need to click on one of the other tabs (ie "Friends") and then back again to "Kibitzers".

Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users