Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

trying to stop

#1 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-September-01, 11:46

Since 1N is limited to 12-14HCP, 2N should be a non-forcing minimum on that range, whereas a max would have bid 3N over 2H.

#2 User is offline   georgi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows

Posted 2014-September-01, 15:32

In theory you're right, but the is slim chance you could be missing the stopper in unbid major.

So 2NT could be a minimum ( 12-13 ) or maximum ( 14 ) with no stopper in it.

#3 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-September-01, 21:14

I disagree with the need to jump to 3nt; the reverse by responder should create a GF. You want to leave room for responder to further describe below 3nt, IMO, maybe responder is 5-6 or 4-6 and wants to explore red suit contract, give him room to do it.

If responder wants to invite game only should just bid 2nt over 1nt.

2nt by opener should not limit hand, but should in fact confirm spade stopper; with other bid in preference 3d/3c/3h as reasonable.

#4 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-September-07, 15:45

Perhaps I got up on the wrong side of the bed today. Perhaps it's because my Bears lost to the #$%&+!! Bills. But I am saying flat out what I think today.

Stephen Tu is completely correct. Responder's reverse - the 2H bid here - is a game force. Has been since Goren. No non-forcing to game auctions are possible after that.

Georgi indirectly states that he believes otherwise. Georgi, for all I know, may be a top expert in card play, and he may well be an expert in whatever bidding systems are most commonly used in his home country. But it has become a proven fact that his knowledge of the 2/1 system has significant gaps.

This, in conjuction with the fact that English is clearly not his first language, meaning that many of his posts are very difficult to understand, leads me to call for a replacement.

#5 User is offline   georgi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows

Posted 2014-September-09, 07:51

No doubt my english has plenty issues and i am repeatedly apologizing if some ( hoping not most of ) phrases or expressions are misunderstood. :)

I try not to impose and providing the clearest information about GIB. The fact is it's not always easy to be clear.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users