Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kibitzer refresh frequency

#1 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-August-30, 04:58

In the Flash version, I have observed a substantial delay between a kibitzer arriving at a table and his presence being listed as visible to others at the table.
And there is no "refresh" button so you are entirely at the mercy of the server to ensure that this listing is up to date.

I think that this is quite serious. Sure, If you are table host you can control the position by requiring permission to kibitz, but that is no help to non-hosts. A similar observation may arise when they leave the table but are still listed as kibitzer. That is perhaps less serious, but any solution to one will presumably solve both.

I only observed the problem when a non-listed kibitzer started chatting at my table.

As a solution, either the delay between auto-refresh should be reduced, or a refresh button should be placed on the who is online panel (or both).

Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-August-30, 05:16

View Post1eyedjack, on 2014-August-30, 04:58, said:

In the Flash version, I have observed a substantial delay between a kibitzer arriving at a table and his presence being listed as visible to others at the table.
And there is no "refresh" button so you are entirely at the mercy of the server to ensure that this listing is up to date.

I think that this is quite serious. Sure, If you are table host you can control the position by requiring permission to kibitz, but that is no help to non-hosts. A similar observation may arise when they leave the table but are still listed as kibitzer. That is perhaps less serious, but any solution to one will presumably solve both.

I only observed the problem when a non-listed kibitzer started chatting at my table.

As a solution, either the delay between auto-refresh should be reduced, or a refresh button should be placed on the who is online panel (or both).

The list of kibs refreshes when you click the Kibitzers tab.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users