BBO Discussion Forums: Jerking motion - autoplay singletons - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jerking motion - autoplay singletons

#1 User is offline   galsmu 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-August-29, 12:09

I have noticed that when I autoplay singletons while on my laptop there is a jerking motion, similar to robot play. I've started noticing it with other players at the table and have watched to confirm that they in fact played a singleton. This is giving me (and others if they've figured it out too) early info on someone being out of a suit before I would normally learn that during normal play. It seems smoother on my iPad but I haven't watched for it as much there. Wondered if anyone else has seen this and if this is a BBO fix, or......? If this has been posted elsewhere, let me know. Thanks, Georgia

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-September-01, 00:18

What do you mean by "jerking motion"? The animation is different depending on whether the play was by hand or auto-pay?

Of course, the play of your own singletons will be different, since you're not dragging it. But when opponents are playing their cards, you don't see their dragging live -- once they finish playing the card, your computer is notified and it animates the card itself. There shouldn't be any difference when it's a singleton.

#3 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-September-01, 09:22

Sorry for the detour, but... There's dragging? I only click. Is there a way to require dragging, so my computer doesn't prematurely choose a card that I might not actually have decided to play?

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-September-01, 09:44

I don't know what is a jerking motion... I would try to check, if only I'd have a vague idea of what type of behaviour to look for.

But perhaps what you noticed is the random delay. If you have autoplay singletons on, and play with other human players at the table (not with robots) there is a random delay before the singleton is played, so that the other people cannot draw inferences from tempo. So you will see that the card is sometimes played faster, sometimes slower - that's random and intentional.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-September-02, 10:06

View PostBbradley62, on 2014-September-01, 09:22, said:

Sorry for the detour, but... There's dragging? I only click. Is there a way to require dragging, so my computer doesn't prematurely choose a card that I might not actually have decided to play?

It's available in the mobile version in picture-of-cards mode. I never use this mode, and assumed it was also available in the web version, but I was wrong.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users