BBO Discussion Forums: convention cards - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1

convention cards opening and changing details in your cc

#1 User is offline   power46 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-August-29, 03:44

I`ve made 2 convention cards to play with 2 my favourite partners. I used the pattern od cc in the form of lots of windows which open step by step after making a certain call by us or our oponents. I saved them in the file "convcards" and in my documents on my PC. Unfortunately for some time I`ve been facing some problems with opening them. There is no problem to open them if I enter bbo - version 5.2.21 . I can open them and make some changes which are necessary from time to time. But if I try to open the same convention card without entering bbo- site, my cc recorded in my documents is empty!!! In this case if I want to open it idirectly by clicking "file " in the empty window of and then clicking "open" and next clicking the file of cc in my documents which still shows that the file is full ( the number of kilobites is great) a small window appears with the notice "Error: file not found, conventins. convention-2jacoby2NT. appears and in the background the correct cc can be seen.There is no way to get the right form of the cc as when you try to cancel the small window the conention card becomes empty immedaiately.And a new small window appears with the notice; "Error opening file"
When I use the newest version of bbo I can open the convention cards but no changes can be made. I haven`t managed to activate the cc in such a way that I could write some comments or change the meaning of some calls. If someone has had the same problems and managed to solve the problem please write an e-mail to me XXXXXX@ wp.pl. I would be very gratefull. Greetings to all bridge players Mirek Nowacki - power46

This post has been edited by barmar: 2014-August-29, 09:10
Reason for edit: removed personal email address

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-August-29, 09:12

What you're describing is called a Full Disclosure convention card. The new version of BBO can display them, but they can only be edited and uploaded using the old version.

I've moved your question to the Full Disclosure forum. Some of the few people who use them may be able to help you.

#3 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2014-August-29, 16:20

Is best to edit the FD file off-line using bidedit. Bidedit program should have been installed when you loaded the windows version of BBO on-line.

so edit the file and make the changes on your computer save and close the file. make sure you use a .bss extention.

then sign-on to bbo using windows version and click on work convention card then click on use. you will then get a message from bbo that cc has been received or something like that. BBO uses the last file you closed and saved.

this uploads the file without a user assigned to it

you can then go onto the web version and can edit user name or my favorite convention that's all you can change on web version. you then can use with any partner on web by editing and using another user name.

remember to delete earlier versions that haven't been assigned a user or it gets confusing.
Sarcasm is a state of mind

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users