Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Using Windows 8.1 ADs

#1 User is offline   Khrystyna 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-August-28, 20:23

I have just started using Windows 8.1 and using online version I get ads when signed in. I have run malwre cleared cache etc. but to no avail. Any ideas out there?

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-August-28, 21:08

Hi Khrystyna,

Welcome to the Forums :)

If you see ads to the left side of your screen, those are from BBO and they are intentional. If you see ads elsewhere, and they interfere with your play, it's likely that you have malware on your browser.

We need ad revenue to keep the site free. However, as soon as you engage in a pay activity ads are hidden temporarily. I'd suggest playing a pay tourney and check if ads disappear. If ads are gone, it means you were seeing BBO ads. If even in a pay tourney you continue to see ads, your browser is corrupted and you should run a virus/malware/adware scan and clean your computer.

I have just transferred a few free entries in your account. Please use them to play a pay tourney of your choice and check what happens with the ads.

#3 User is offline   Khrystyna 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-August-28, 23:01

Thank you! I realize the BBO ads are necessary and are not the issue, but it is the other ones that appear when one is playing and are flashing. That happened once on Windows 7 but using malware and emptying the cache fixed the problem, but no luck here so wondering if it is a problem with 8.1

#4 User is offline   Jacki 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Guests

Posted 2014-August-28, 23:41

View PostKhrystyna, on 2014-August-28, 23:01, said:

Thank you! I realize the BBO ads are necessary and are not the issue, but it is the other ones that appear when one is playing and are flashing. That happened once on Windows 7 but using malware and emptying the cache fixed the problem, but no luck here so wondering if it is a problem with 8.1

Hi Khrystyna:

I doubt this is a problem with 8.1. Can you send me an email telling me what browser you are using and we can figure out how to stop this. I have not installed 8.1 yet but I did have this problem when starting 8.0 but before I give directions for fixing it, I need to know what browser you are using. Once we figure out your problem, we can post it here if others are having the same problems. Please email me at jacki@bridgebase.com.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users