• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

K&R Hand Evaluator BBO suggestion

#1 User is offline   pointblank 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-August-27, 13:53

Hi all,
some of you might know this useful tool, K&R Hand Evaluator: http://www.jeff-gold...cgi-bin/knr.cgi
Me and my friends use it all the time, when we want to analyse boards. It is really helpful, when it comes to estimating hand value. Thanks to Mr Kaplan and Mr Ruben we learn how to differ good hands from weak hands, which leads to improving our bridge skills.
My idea is - let's combine it with BBO! It could save so much time, because now we have to rewrite each hand manually.
For example, when someone plays on vugraph, you can turn GIB robots on, and follow their analysis (I'm using the old version, is it possible to use this function in the new version?).
There could be a similar button, not only during vugraph broadcasts, but also after each played board, or by bidding challenge. Being able to see quickly, what was the value of a hand would be a huge convenience.
Of course it doesn't show how good the hand is, taking into account we have spades, or 8 card suit or something, it only shows the original value.
Regardless this disadvantages, I am sure it would be an interesting and important improvement..
We probably should ask mr Goldsmith or maybe mr Ruben or someone else for approval.

best regards
Anna Morgiel
German Juniors Team

#2 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2014-August-27, 18:10

There is just the topic "Kaplan and Ruben hand evaluator" in Expert Class bridge: why do you talk about here ? It is not dispersive so ? Bye .

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-August-27, 18:16

View PostLovera, on 2014-August-27, 18:10, said:

There is just the topic "Kaplan and Ruben hand evaluator" in Expert Class bridge: why do you talk about here ? It is not dispersive so ? Bye .

She is making a software suggestion, so this is the correct place to post.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users