Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Gb hand wth Cappelletti abuse

#1 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-August-27, 02:03

If Gib N think my 2 is a very bad contract in danger,it should bid 2NT to ask my minor suit in my hand instead of 3 .

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-August-27, 02:39

Agreed North's choice is between Pass and 2N.

And 2N is only in the frame because 2S only promises 4 card Spades (the way that GIB plays Cappelletti)

It is not new that this tendency by GIB to overcall 2M on a 4 card suit is contentious. I don't have a strong opinion but tend toward a preference for guaranteeing 5. I normally play Asptro, which provides for a the possibility of 5-4 either way round at (slightly) less risk, but we work with what we have got. I suspect that Capp is here to stay. I would prefer ditching it entirely in favour of Landy or Multi-Landy, but I am just a small voice in the ocean.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-August-27, 04:06

I really don't agree with the choice of Gib N since it is very easy to find 5-3 minor fit if rebid 2NT to ask,why take a risk to bid 3 ?

I don't think Cappelltti is a good convention,my choice is Hello or Multi-Landy.

#4 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-August-27, 05:02

View Postlycier, on 2014-August-27, 04:06, said:

I really don't agree with the choice of Gib N since it is very easy to find 5-3 minor fit if rebid 2NT to ask,why take a risk to bid 3 ?

Under its current implementation of Cappelletti, 2S could be based on a 5 card Spade suit and 4 card minor. With such a holding he would prefer to stop in 2S.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users