BBO Discussion Forums: Intermediate SAYC Partner for BBO Play - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Intermediate SAYC Partner for BBO Play

#1 User is offline   Duke1968 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-August-25, 16:40

Hi.

I enjoy BBO but always just get anyone. I'd like a partner for occasional play, to tighten up my (our) bidding and play, discuss problems, etc. Occasional, maybe just 1x or 2x per week. I'm good for 30-60 mins., perhaps more if a good day.

SAYC. I'm trying to memorize this thing: http://web2.acbl.org.../play/SP3%20(bk)%20single%20pages.pdf

I'm intermediate. Play fairly well but sometimes feel like a fool. I've found good cards really help(!). My primary weakness is keeping track of cards played. Some amaze me in this regard. (How did he know that was good?)

69, male, Americano, retired and just loving it, jog everyday, watch my diet, want to live to 100. Southern California.

No tolerance for abuse at all. Even don't like "bid please" (so lame, just go to another table). I always accept an undo request. Life is getting short.

Maybe we could exchange e-mail, hook up once in a while, maybe pre-scheduled, maybe just see you on-line. Thanks!

#2 User is offline   kwirty2 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-August-28, 14:35

Hi Duke,

We definitely see "eye to eye". We have similar problems and could be great help to one another. I had a head injury 23 years ago effecting my memory. Over the years I've learned a few tricks which I'll be happy to share. I am glad to say that memory is getting better all the time. I've been at BBO Since Oct '13 and play a lot. Over that time I've noticed that the more I play the better the memory gets. I'd like to volunteer to be your partner. I'm in AZ so we're in the same time zone for 6 months and off by 1 hr the other 6 mos.

I've played bridge for a really long time but was away for much of the 23 years as above. Now I need to develop my Staymen skills, (or develop new Transfer skills). And some of the other conventions to be determined by our partnership.

My best skill is defense. I bid well if you don't want anything fancy right now. But am looking to change this and become a great bidder with a steady partner's help.

You can contact me at kmqq2@msn.com if you wish to discuss this further.

Thanks,
Kris
------------

View PostDuke1968, on 2014-August-25, 16:40, said:

Hi.

I enjoy BBO but always just get anyone. I'd like a partner for occasional play, to tighten up my (our) bidding and play, discuss problems, etc. Occasional, maybe just 1x or 2x per week. I'm good for 30-60 mins., perhaps more if a good day.

SAYC. I'm trying to memorize this thing: http://web2.acbl.org.../play/SP3%20(bk)%20single%20pages.pdf

I'm intermediate. Play fairly well but sometimes feel like a fool. I've found good cards really help(!). My primary weakness is keeping track of cards played. Some amaze me in this regard. (How did he know that was good?)

69, male, Americano, retired and just loving it, jog everyday, watch my diet, want to live to 100. Southern California.

No tolerance for abuse at all. Even don't like "bid please" (so lame, just go to another table). I always accept an undo request. Life is getting short.

Maybe we could exchange e-mail, hook up once in a while, maybe pre-scheduled, maybe just see you on-line. Thanks!

#3 User is offline   42krunner 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-August-29, 06:57

Duke

I'm always willing to play with anyone!

May I HIGHLY recommend the book "Standard Bidding With SAYC"? It will round out your skills nicely. Much better than the ACBL provided system notes.

Daniel
42krunner

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users