BBO Discussion Forums: name of the host when booted & one second for the 52nd card - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

name of the host when booted & one second for the 52nd card

#1 User is offline   fernandus1 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-August-25, 04:20

May i suggest 2 improvments if it's possible for the moderator:
1) Sometimes for any reason we are booted by a rude Host and bbo just advise "you have been booted by host" or something like that (without saying the name of the host). Instead of that is it possible for you to write: "you have been booted by ... host of the table" or something like that, so that we may easier ask him/her few words why he/she did that....
Also this information will probably reduce some rude hosts to do that as they will know that their name will appear..
2) Another strange thing is that when the 52nd card is fallen we don't see it as it's going too fast ...
May you allow that 52nd card remain on the table one second so that we may understand faster the past game... (instead to go to movie and see the 13 cards of your partner or the opponant to understand what was the 52nd card fallen)

Thank you for your understanding
And congratulations for your magnificent game online !!!
fernandus1

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-August-25, 04:41

fernandus1, on 2014-August-25, 04:20, said:

2) Another strange thing is that when the 52nd card is fallen we don't see it as it's going too fast ...
May you allow that 52nd card remain on the table one second so that we may understand faster the past game... (instead to go to movie and see the 13 cards of your partner or the opponant to understand what was the 52nd card fallen)

This second request comes up time and time again, the last time just a few days ago:

http://www.bridgebas...post__p__807040

I agree that the current setup can be a bit irritating.

One possibility is to build in a time delay before the trick is quit, as OP suuggests. That would certainly be the simplest solution.

Another would be to require the player to quit the trick and to display it potentially indefinitely until the user does so (possibly with a user config setting asking for this treatment). I suspect that this alternative, aside from being more complex to implement, would create other problems, ie the timing of dealing of next hand. So a simple 1 sec delay seems the best approach. However I believe that other bridge sites require the user to quit the trick, and they manage to cope.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users