• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cappelletti Abuse

#1 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-August-23, 04:04

Three issues, really.

The 3H bid is poor judgement, in my view, whatever went before.

Is North's pass of 3H forgivable? He is not slow in other hands to assume that I have my bid, and double on the strength of it.

But more to the point, which minor suit does West think that he holds?
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#2 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2014-August-23, 08:54

2 is ridiculous! bidding 3 : Gib has blown a gasket!

not doubling 2 is forgivable, opp may have 3minor

not doubling 3 is unforgivable your killing 3 and opener can handle 4minor

Sarcasm is a state of mind

#3 User is offline   the hog 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Wagner and Bridge

Posted 2014-August-23, 09:11

iNT is idiotic bidding. Why bother posting joke posts? Perhaps Nth realised what what opposite.
"The King of Hearts a broadsword bears, the Queen of Hearts a rose." W. H. Auden.

#4 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2014-August-23, 09:20

View Postthe hog, on 2014-August-23, 09:11, said:

iNT is idiotic bidding. Why bother posting joke posts? Perhaps Nth realised what what opposite.

Thought you might say that. :)

Well, I had 15-17 HCP, no void and no 6 card major and not more than 10 cards in 2 suits.

You should be grateful that I did open 1N, for what resulted incidentally in 100% of the matchpoints despite North's silence, because had I not done so the world might never have been exposed to the joys of West's 2H overcall and 3H followup.

http://www.bridgebas...rname=1eyedjack
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,

#5 User is offline   Bbradley62 

Posted 2014-August-23, 09:21

View Postthe hog, on 2014-August-23, 09:11, said:

This being the GIB forum, we're primarily interested in actions taken by GIB. Clearly, 2 and 3 identify bugs in the program and should be reported so they can be corrected. Ditto for the pass of 3, although I expect this is more of a system-wide issue of when or when not to double. Why bother posting asinine posts like yours?

#6 User is offline   the hog 

• Interests:Wagner and Bridge

Posted 2014-August-23, 19:12

View PostBbradley62, on 2014-August-23, 09:21, said:

This being the GIB forum, we're primarily interested in actions taken by GIB. Clearly, 2 and 3 identify bugs in the program and should be reported so they can be corrected. Ditto for the pass of 3, although I expect this is more of a system-wide issue of when or when not to double. Why bother posting asinine posts like yours?

To give asses, in the donkey sense, the ability to reply.
"The King of Hearts a broadsword bears, the Queen of Hearts a rose." W. H. Auden.

#7 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2014-August-24, 00:36

Fancy that you won that exchange, do you?

"You're an ass, as in donkey"

"No I'm not. You're an ass, as in donkey"

Well played.

#8 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2014-August-24, 01:15

Not on topic or a criticism of you but it's funny that there's a 5-5 hand and 3 5332's, I didn't know that was possible. The fact that the 5-5 opened 1NT while the other three hands are 5332 just adds to the humour of the situation.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#9 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2014-August-24, 04:43

View Poststeve2005, on 2014-August-23, 08:54, said:

not doubling 2 is forgivable, opp may have 3minor

Would double of 2H been penalty orientated? That would not be my preference. But maybe it should be as the way GIB plays 2H it may just be a 4 carder.

#10 User is offline   georgi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows

Posted 2014-August-26, 07:01

Thanks for reporting.

2 overcall was due a bug. Very rare though to happen, not more than 1-5%, but still avoided in next version v31.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users