Bid this slam 2/1 ACBL

#21 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-August-27, 11:37

2-X-2-5...

Yep, easy now.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#22 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-August-27, 15:09

View PostFluffy, on 2014-August-24, 09:45, said:

I find it resulting that people rebid diamonds before spades over 3. I would rebid 3 without a doubt.

I dunno about "resulting" but I am sure that playing with my clone it would begin 1-2-3-3-3 just as you suggest. I think I can imagine a 4 bid after that. I guess it depends on what the partnership thinks that the auction so far means, but bidding diamonds before rebidding spades would appear to invite showing diamond support, even if it is a bit marginal After that you get somewhere good I should think..

At any rate, I would bid 3 over the 3 rebid. If that doesn't work out, too bad, but I do it next time also.
Ken

#23 User is offline   monikrazy 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-August-27, 15:34

A bit of a challenge for my system. After 2C openings 2D is 2 queens or better waiting, 2H negative response, 2S 5+H gf and 2N 5+S gf. If 3H were available as a strong 6+ H hand that might make things easier.

2C - 2S* (artificial 5+h and gf)
3S - 4H
5D - 6C* (ambigious cue)
6S - 7D

#24 User is offline   inquiry 

• Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2014-August-27, 20:32

View Postdickiegera, on 2014-August-22, 19:33, said:

We started with 1-2, ending in 5 Hearts.

Makes 7, 7NT, 6 or 6

Thank you

Probably shouldn't put misiry auction in this forum, but here goes...

3D 3H
4S 5H
6D 7D
Pass

Explanation found in the Misiry PDF I posted in the forum already

3D = preempt in hearts or strong two suiter with diamonds and one black suit.
3H = pass/correct... (I know partner is strong with diamonds from my hand,, and he is going to bid again)
4S = Spade-Diamond two loser hand, one loser is in clubs (I could have Kx of clubs for that one loser or singleton)
5H = Shows heart ACE since 4NT would show heart king, ask if heart ace is useful
6D = heart ace covers one loser
7D = your two losers are club ace and heart ace... got you covered... hope we don't sping a surprise loser somewhere.
--Ben--

#25 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2014-August-31, 12:31

View PostZelandakh, on 2014-August-25, 06:37, said:

I am surprised noone has mentioned the possibility of opening a 2 loser hand with a strong opening yet, even for BBF. As usual hands like this are simpler with a strong club. For a 2/1 auction we could take Don's idea and substitute 5NT for 6 if we use a response scheme such as (0 = 6; 1 = 6; KQ = 6; AQ = 6; AK = 6NT; AKQ = 7; AKQ + A = 7. Or perhaps North even has enough for 4NT over 3 - then South could show the extras and very strong diamonds through a 6 jump. So there are a few ways of getting back to diamonds even when South's third call is 3.

Alice in Wonderland : probably it counts only Milton Work points (9+9=18) instead of distributional pointing (Goren + M.W.) and/or [better] Courtney losers.

#26 User is offline   Zelandakh 

Posted 2014-August-31, 15:25

View PostLovera, on 2014-August-31, 12:31, said:

Alice in Wonderland : probably it counts only Milton Work points (9+9=18) instead of distributional pointing (Goren + M.W.) and/or [better] Courtney losers.

You are too disparaging of the posters here - they are not Walruses. The simple truth is that BBFers do not like opening 2 with 2-suited hands at all, even extremely strong ones. There are good reasons for that but I would still have expected someone to have given the possibility and a couple of posters usually do prefer 2 with hands of this type.
(-: Zel :-)

#27 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2014-August-31, 17:23

View Postkenberg, on 2014-August-27, 15:09, said:

I dunno about "resulting" but I am sure that playing with my clone it would begin 1-2-3-3-3 just as you suggest. I think I can imagine a 4 bid after that. I guess it depends on what the partnership thinks that the auction so far means, but bidding diamonds before rebidding spades would appear to invite showing diamond support, even if it is a bit marginal After that you get somewhere good I should think..

At any rate, I would bid 3 over the 3 rebid. If that doesn't work out, too bad, but I do it next time also.

IMO, 3S is a bid made by those fearing missing 3NT. :) Seriously, 3S to me sounds like a 6/4 pattern, while 4D does not rule out 6 spades and paints a picture of a strongly shaped hand.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#28 User is offline   Zelandakh 

Posted 2014-August-31, 18:36

View PostWinstonm, on 2014-August-31, 17:23, said:

IMO, 3S is a bid made by those fearing missing 3NT. :) Seriously, 3S to me sounds like a 6/4 pattern, while 4D does not rule out 6 spades and paints a picture of a strongly shaped hand.

Why would you not show 6-5 by bidding 3 followed by 4 rather than 4 followed by 5? Why is that 4 does not rule out a 6th spade but 3 apparently rules out a 5th diamond? Is the 6th spade not generally more important even if it were not saving 3 steps of bidding space?
(-: Zel :-)

#29 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2014-August-31, 19:36

View PostZelandakh, on 2014-August-31, 15:25, said:

You are too disparaging of the posters here - they are not Walruses. The simple truth is that BBFers do not like opening 2 with 2-suited hands at all, even extremely strong ones. There are good reasons for that but I would still have expected someone to have given the possibility and a couple of posters usually do prefer 2 with hands of this type.
[
I am not disparaging :Alice in Wonderland means that i wonder simply myself for not to have bidding 2 . Why not bidding with 2 suited-hands is it not equivalent to 1 every distribution ?

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users