Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Last card Can't see the last card

#1 User is offline   toufou2 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-August-17, 08:07

Why can't we see the last card played. All we get is "flash" the final score.

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-August-17, 09:36

Maybe this should be a settable option. In Just Play Bridge, the table "freezes" after the last card is played, and displays the result. If I remember correctly, OP is describing what happens in a robot dupe tournament. I forget what happens in MBC. Maybe there could be a settable option for which if these the player prefers?

#3 User is offline   Jacki 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Guests

Posted 2014-August-17, 14:37

There are some things you can do to slow down the play. For instance, under 'options' you can click 'confirm card' which will require you to click twice on a card in order to play it. This works if you are declarer or an opponent. If you are dummy of course you can't play anything.

You can also page through the hand trick by trick which will allow you to see the last four cards to be played. You can click fast to get to the last trick and then slow the clicking down so you can watch the last few tricks without them flying by.

The 'Confirm Card' option is under "Advanced Options" you'll find at the top of your screen. To replay the hand, click the hand on the traveler you want to see then using the > arrows, click through the play card by card.

I understand neither of these are what you want to happen and I'll pass this on to the programmers to see if they can find a way to have the last trick stay on the table - until a command (next hand for instance) is given. In the meantime I hope the two work-arounds will help.

Jacki :)

#4 User is offline   SelfGovern 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge (huh?), Toastmasters, Data Storage, photography

Posted 2014-August-18, 23:31

View Posttoufou2, on 2014-August-17, 08:07, said:

Why can't we see the last card played. All we get is "flash" the final score.

Even simpler... just un-select "auto-play singletons" under advanced options may stop this behaviour. I think I'd find it the height of annoying to have to confirm *every* play.

It's always, as has been pointed out, an option to go back and review the last hand played.
Liberty breeds responsibility

#5 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-August-19, 11:34

View PostSelfGovern, on 2014-August-18, 23:31, said:

Even simpler... just un-select "auto-play singletons" under advanced options may stop this behaviour. I think I'd find it the height of annoying to have to confirm *every* play.

It's always, as has been pointed out, an option to go back and review the last hand played.

I think OP is referring to a situation where a GIB is to play last on the final trick; the hand gets folded without allowing him to see the last card played. This has nothing to do with autoplaying singletons, as he can see his own singleton or that of his partner when his side declares. Having to click through 13 tricks when reviewing the hand in order to see the 52nd card is also pretty annoying.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users