Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

suspected cheating

#1 User is offline   rusty2592 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-August-15, 18:01

Hi. Had a poor experience with an abusive player. He chased several partners off by ridiculing their play, disrupted the game, and after I said something to him he left but continued to bombard me with a long string of profanity laced chats.

On a whim I kibbutzed at a table he had moved to, and watched him continue to berate all other players, most of whom left. While watching his play, I found this guy making unbelievable bid after bid (often nt with unmentioned singletons and doubletons, etc.), and his play was suspiciously remarkable.

OK, this guy calls himself world class, but this stuff was off the charts. I think he was peeking. Is this possible?

By the way, he always seemed to sit with intermediate and advanced players. And few world class players are rude like this guy was.

[/font][/size]

#2 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2014-August-15, 18:42

Welcome to the BBO forum.

First, let me apologize for the treatment you got on the Bridge Base Online gaming site. Second, let me thank you for not providing the name of the player in question in the public forum (that would be a violation of our terms of service).

What we ask you do when you run into situations like this is report it to abuse@bridgebase.com . Provide as much details as you think you can (player in question, day occurred, time of day, what you think was going on).

Can some one cheat on Bridge Base specifically with peeking? The answer is yes. It is harder to do in some places, and supposedly impossible in others, but if you could kibitz the "world class player" he could log on with a second computer and kibitz at the same table. To stop the few people who do something like this, we would have to forbid all kibitzing and require some kind of positive identification of people before they log in. It seems wrong to try to stop the small number of people who feel like they have to self-kibitz by punishing the vast majority of people who enjoy kibitizing their friends or good players.

The solution to the problem is if observant people report this kind of stuff when they see it. We will investigate and take necessary steps if what you said was happening was indeed happening. We treat the rudeness just as seriously as the cheating. In fact, the rudeness is much easier on us, because we can check the public chat and take action without having people check the bidding and play. We get rid of most of the bad actors due to reports from people like yourself.

Again, welcome to the forum. Come back often.
--Ben--

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users