BBO Discussion Forums: Mobile version 3.85 feedback Thread - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mobile version 3.85 feedback Thread

#1 User is offline   alanrick 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-August-15, 02:35

1.The iOS play-2nd-card-from-left bug solved :). .2.Showing overtricks/under tricks count in landscape mode on iOS still not solved.

View Postalanrick, on 2014-January-28, 12:50, said:

Contains a screenshot to explain

All the best,Alan

#2 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-August-15, 03:32

Much easier to read the text now on an iPad air. It wasn't a problem before, but it's still improved. The font is somehow crisper and the text is larger on some screens.

A new minor issue: when GIB plays I fast-forward the hand by tapping rapidly on the screen. When the hand is over, the on-screen prompt for number of tricks taken and score is correct (11 tricks taken, +450) but the display on the top shows the trick before last (10 NS , 2 EW).

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-August-15, 04:09

This is the official comments thread for BBO mobile app Version 3.85 release. For details on what's new, see here:
http://www.bridgebas...n-385-released/

#4 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-August-15, 08:23

View Postalanrick, on 2014-August-15, 02:35, said:

1.The iOS play-2nd-card-from-left bug solved :). .2.Showing overtricks/under tricks count in landscape mode on iOS still not solved.

All the best,Alan

Alan - I must have missed the bug report you describe in 2 and have so far been unable to find it via search.

Please either send me a link to the post or a description of problem and I will try to get it fixed in the next version. Fine to use e-mail if you prefer (fred@bridgebase.com).

Thanks and sorry I missed (or forget about) this bug report.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#5 User is offline   alanrick 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-August-15, 10:02

fred said:

1408112584[/url]' post='806888']
Alan - I must have missed the bug report you describe in 2 and have so far been unable to find it via search.

Sorry, Fred,
#2 I wouldn't call it a bug, but on the iPad 3 and other iPads with this screen aspect-ratio the overtricks count was truncated.
http://www.bridgebas...post__p__775701

shows the screenshot.

However I discovered on the new version you can slide the results table to the left to see the count.

#3 Btw, I haven't yet worked out how to scroll up and down the results to see earlier results off the top of the screen. I thought that used to be possible.

(Apologies, I'm struggling with my iPad eating line feeds from this post. Hope it's nevertheless clear)

#6 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-August-15, 12:06

View PostAntrax, on 2014-August-15, 03:32, said:

Much easier to read the text now on an iPad air. It wasn't a problem before, but it's still improved. The font is somehow crisper and the text is larger on some screens.

A new minor issue: when GIB plays I fast-forward the hand by tapping rapidly on the screen. When the hand is over, the on-screen prompt for number of tricks taken and score is correct (11 tricks taken, +450) but the display on the top shows the trick before last (10 NS , 2 EW).

Thanks. Can you please let me know if you are using pictures of cards or hand diagram and, if pictures of cards, if animation is on or off?

Also, is it easy for you to replicate this in anon play?

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#7 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-August-15, 14:36

View PostAntrax, on 2014-August-15, 03:32, said:

What is this tapping for? When GIB is playing the hand, all the tricks get played without any interaction from the human. I thought maybe you were talking about the "Confirm Cards" option, but I turned that on and it didn't have any effect when GIB was playing.

I see the trick count issue when I play in robot tourneys. I just interpret that as only showing the number of tricks taken by each side when you're on the next trick. After the hand is over, there's no next trick, it just deals the next hand. So I only see this at the very end of the tourney, in the few seconds before it closes the table. However, I suppose it can also happen in a regular tourney at the end of each round. While waiting for the next round, does it show the wrong trick count?

#8 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-August-15, 22:38

Easy to reproduce in anon play. Happens in diagram mode or picture with card animation off (card animation on fixes it).

Barry, there's about a second of delay between tricks when I'm dummy, if I tap it's shortened to zero. Tapping doesn't affect the bug however, the display is wrong even if you let GIB take its second between tricks.

#9 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-August-16, 06:03

View PostAntrax, on 2014-August-15, 22:38, said:

Easy to reproduce in anon play. Happens in diagram mode or picture with card animation off (card animation on fixes it).

Barry, there's about a second of delay between tricks when I'm dummy, if I tap it's shortened to zero. Tapping doesn't affect the bug however, the display is wrong even if you let GIB take its second between tricks.

Thanks. I will get it fixed in the next version (likely coming relatively soon as there are some more serious bugs that need to be fixed).

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#10 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-August-16, 10:33

Can you claim on the mobile app now?

#11 User is offline   alanrick 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-August-16, 11:56

alanrick said:

1408118567[/url]' post='806894']

#3 Btw, I haven't yet worked out how to scroll up and down the results to see earlier results ..

False alarm. Scrolling is possible. I must have been in a view graph view.I really like to way you can switch to the other table in a match. Perfect :)

#12 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-August-16, 20:49

View Postiandayre, on 2014-August-16, 10:33, said:

Can you claim on the mobile app now?

Yes. I think you've been able to do it for a few versions, but I can't find it mentioned in any of the release announcements.

#13 User is offline   rookie50 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-August-17, 09:05

two new issues for me on new version for ipad.
1. cannot reply to mail messages
2 get frozen out of game every half hour or so, can chat but no screen appears for me to bid after right hand op has bid

#14 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-August-17, 10:11

View Postrookie50, on 2014-August-17, 09:05, said:

two new issues for me on new version for ipad.
1. cannot reply to mail messages
2 get frozen out of game every half hour or so, can chat but no screen appears for me to bid after right hand op has bid

Thanks for the report, Rookie.

With respect to 1), it seems to be working for me. Can you describe what happens when you try?

With respect to 2), do you mean that the box that allows you to bid does not appear? Can you please tell if you are using pictures of cards or hand diagrams? Also let me know if you notice any patterns as to why/when this happens.

I am trying to fix issues with the current version and hope to release a new one within the next few days...

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#15 User is offline   alanrick 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-August-19, 03:00

Some more feedback.

1. The toggling between match tables is SO good that i really miss this in the Web Version.

2. After playing/watching a hand I like to compare how others have done. But when I click on RESULTS it takes me to the table's previous results list instead of other boards' results. I'd much prefer the default to show other boards' results for the hand viewed (or an option to have this standard under my settings, or to use the last view-type selected since I could imagine it's only important for beginners).

Alan

#16 User is offline   42krunner 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-August-19, 08:12

Unfortunately I am experiencing many bugs. I'm getting frozen in robot tourneys all the time. For the first time ever in an acbl 12 board, I could not get unstuck by logging out.

BBO shuts off while watching vugraph,sometimes even when I push the other table button.

#17 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-August-19, 09:05

View Post42krunner, on 2014-August-19, 08:12, said:

Unfortunately I am experiencing many bugs. I'm getting frozen in robot tourneys all the time. For the first time ever in an acbl 12 board, I could not get unstuck by logging out.

BBO shuts off while watching vugraph,sometimes even when I push the other table button.

Can you please let me know:

1) What device are you using?

2) What do you see when you get frozen in robot tournaments?

3) What do you see when BBO gets shut off while watching vugraph?

Thanks,

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#18 User is offline   42krunner 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-August-19, 09:14

Fred:
1) iPad Air. WiFi with ATT LTE. I don't notice if one or the other causes issues. Always landscape.
2) I sent an email to support with screen shots of when I got stuck in an ACBL robo-dup this AM. I dealt, opened 1NT and it was a "normal" waiting for LHO (lefty gib) to bid. The highlight was on West and nothing...
I've experienced this many, many times since the upgrade. Usually doing a force quit on the iPad and then logging back in works. This time it didn't. The other times it is also a "normal" frozen screen. Just waiting for one of the ops to bid or play. Nothing looks different.
3) When BBO gets shut off in vugraph, it happens FAST. This AM when I pushed the other table button BBO shut off completely and I was back on the home screen.

I've also noticed BBO is VERY fast to shut down. If you put the iPad to sleep at all, it seems to shut down. If you switch off from BBO, say to Safari, BBO times out much more quickly then before. This makes it pretty hard to kib as you can't switch away for too long.

THANKS!!!!
Daniel

#19 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-August-19, 09:28

Thanks for your quick reply, Daniel.

Are you using pictures of cards or hand diagrams? If pictures of cards, do you have card animation turned on or off?

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#20 User is offline   42krunner 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-August-19, 09:41

Pictures: On
Big Cards: On
Animation: On

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic