BBO Discussion Forums: Mobile version 3.85 feedback Thread - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mobile version 3.85 feedback Thread

#21 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-August-19, 15:36

View Post42krunner, on 2014-August-19, 09:41, said:

Pictures: On
Big Cards: On
Animation: On

Thanks - I have a possible fix to the problems you have been experiencing. If you feel inclined to try testing it, please send me an e-mail: fred@bridgebase.com

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#22 User is offline   hotShot 

• Axxx Axx Axx Axx
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-August-20, 08:47

I tried the Android-App and it seems to work fine most of the time.
I played about 40 boards in the Anonymous mode, with the default settings.

During the play of one board, the animated card I played from dummy, moved over to my side (ending in a position just above my cards)) and the play stuck until i played another card from dummy.
After that the displaced card reappeared in dummy's hand.

My Huawei Phone (Android 4.1.2) has very fast energy saving mode (default setting).
So the screen shuts off watching vugraph and I need to tap on the screen every few seconds to keep the display on.
This also happens when your are dummy on a regular table of have to wait for the next round.

The Videoplay-App can keep the display on even when your not touching the display, it would be great it that was possible to do that in the BBO-App too,
especially if you are sitting at a table or watching vugraph.

#23 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-August-20, 09:53

View PosthotShot, on 2014-August-20, 08:47, said:

I tried the Android-App and it seems to work fine most of the time.
I played about 40 boards in the Anonymous mode, with the default settings.

During the play of one board, the animated card I played from dummy, moved over to my side (ending in a position just above my cards)) and the play stuck until i played another card from dummy.
After that the displaced card reappeared in dummy's hand.

My Huawei Phone (Android 4.1.2) has very fast energy saving mode (default setting).
So the screen shuts off watching vugraph and I need to tap on the screen every few seconds to keep the display on.
This also happens when your are dummy on a regular table of have to wait for the next round.

The Videoplay-App can keep the display on even when your not touching the display, it would be great it that was possible to do that in the BBO-App too,
especially if you are sitting at a table or watching vugraph.

The app is supposed to stop your device from sleeping. As far as I know this has always worked fine in previous versions, but something seems to have gone wrong with this mechanism in the latest release.

I have a fix for this problem for Apple devices and I will test on Android soon. Most likely there will be a new version that hopefully includes a fix for this issue within the next few days (no promises as there are a couple of other problems I need to figure out first).

Thanks for the report on the card play bug. I will look into it soon.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#24 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-August-20, 10:51

View Post42krunner, on 2014-August-19, 09:14, said:

Fred:
1) iPad Air. WiFi with ATT LTE. I don't notice if one or the other causes issues. Always landscape.
2) I sent an email to support with screen shots of when I got stuck in an ACBL robo-dup this AM. I dealt, opened 1NT and it was a "normal" waiting for LHO (lefty gib) to bid. The highlight was on West and nothing...
I've experienced this many, many times since the upgrade. Usually doing a force quit on the iPad and then logging back in works. This time it didn't. The other times it is also a "normal" frozen screen. Just waiting for one of the ops to bid or play. Nothing looks different.

A week or so ago I was experiencing lots of hangs during robodupes on my Kindle, but only when playing from home. I eventually power-cycled my router and the problem went away.

It can't hurt to try something like this.

#25 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-August-30, 04:44

The program still does not unload itself from memory in a Samsung Note 10.1, when exiting.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#26 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-September-01, 00:22

View Post1eyedjack, on 2014-August-30, 04:44, said:

The program still does not unload itself from memory in a Samsung Note 10.1, when exiting.

On my Kindle Fire HDX, the OS unloads it when it needs the memory. Otherwise it sticks around. This seems to be how most apps work, it makes going back into the app faster much of the time.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users